And now it's Richie

ASHIPP

British players need to keep playing this season, particularly if the World's go ahead in spring next year. Russell can't enter a team in that high level competition if the players have not played any meaningful hockey this season.

Good luck Ritchie and have a great time.
Expect we will see other departures.

CaldicotDevil

Great to see Brits getting opportunities and attention from aboard. I've always been confident we'd have some kind of season but when you see players like Richie leave then it pretty much confirms the 20/21 seasoms cancelled.

Season is definitely not starting, not when you allow two of the teams best players join another team. Well done Devils management for allowing this... Just waiting for the inevitable press release now

moggy#9

Great to see Brits getting opportunities and attention from aboard. I've always been confident we'd have some kind of season but when you see players like Richie leave then it pretty much confirms the 20/21 seasoms cancelled.
The problem is I'm not sure many others will get the chance.

Rhyan48

Think that’s it then can 100% say that the season is not starting this year by the looks wonder who else will leave ! It’s the rite move to let them go and play else where , just makes you think who we will loose for good altogether think it’s going to be total new rebuild for the devils and other EIHL teams , let’s hope players want to return other wise we are going to see a massive decline in standard again in our league

osh

The biggest loser -should we have no 20/21 season ( which seems the most likely outcome ) - will the GB team. I think most imports will manage to get hooked up with teams somewhere ( through friends, ex team mates etc In home countries ) albeit in leagues of a lower standard in some cases, but at least they will actually be playing hockey to keep match fit. I don’t think many more than 50% of the GB team will join other clubs and that could have a serious detrimental effect on GB in the top tier of World’s Championship next year.

moggy#9

I hope that players on the cusp of the GB team, like duggan, get the opportunity to play this season. It would be a real long term blow off their development got stunted.

kingmo19.1

I think there is about a 1% chance of a season happening in 20/21. Can see the floodgates opening very shortly for an exodus of U.K. based players.

My main concern is what might the 21/22 season look like!

moggy#9

I think there is about a 1% chance of a season happening in 20/21. Can see the floodgates opening very shortly for an exodus of U.K. based players.

If two full seasons were lost, I think it'd be the end of hockey in the UK as a serious spectator sport.

Wannabe2

According to Aaron Fox there are a ton of players out there looking for jobs, it’s not just players over here that are out of work, there will be less jobs than players that’s for sure.