All time favourite non Devils player?

Thread starter #1
Stole this thread from the KOTG forum, so who do you think would be your favourite all time EIHL player that hasn't played for the Devils?

I would go for Jade Galbraith as he always seems to find the net, but can be a bit cocky at times, lol..

I'm stuggling to think of any Elite League player I like from other teams! :D If I could choose someone to play for us it would probably be Jeffrey Szwez, so I'll say him!

From the past, none Elite I would say, Greg Hadden and Rob Dopson (sp?) when he played for Ayr.

And I'm pretty sure I used to have a poster of Mike Bodnarchuk on my wall, but don't think that was for his hockey playing skills! At least I think it was him. :lol:

I'll stick my mothers out there too because I know she'll read this - Chris Brant of Bracknell and Rob Trumbley of Newcastle! :lol: ;)

tim78

Past
Theo Fleury / Jeffrey Szwez

Present
... No one yet... but I haven't seen the Steelers/Panthers play yet.

Wannabe2

Without a shadow of doubt the man i would have loved to have seen play here was.
Mr Andy Bezau, this guy was a true fruitcake, he once singlehandedly attacked the whole of the opponents bench, he was totally fearless of anyone, and i have a video of this guy playing in Nth America. He was brought over here by Chris Mcsorely then the coach of the London Knights, it was worth the entrance fee alone to watch this guy.That of course was pre EIHL.

ASHIPP

Jeff Legue for me. A player any team would want - an utterly dangerous sniper and completely consistent player in every one of his 5 (or 6?) seasons with the Steelers.
And Mike Burgoyne previously from Belfst Giants - great all-round defensive game, quiet but a massive contributor.

From the opposition Elite League teams I've seen over the last few years I've particularly liked:

Jeff Szwez (Giants)
Peter Campbell (Bison/Giants)
Kevin Bergin (Panthers)
David A-Beauregard (Phoenix season)
Joe Tallari (Phoenix)

Galbraith always impresses too but dislike him as a player. I guess that means he is playing the agitator pretty good. I'm sure more pop into my mind too.

Didn't get a chance to see Theo Fleury but am just now finishing his autobiography as I had it for Xmas and would have loved to have seen him live. Would recommend the book to any hockey fan too!!

Max

wildthing74

the placid casual said:
From the Superleague era I would go for Ken Priestley of Sheffield he would have been an awesome Devil :)
Just about to post the same response :lol:.Yeah he was quality and always seemed to have our card.

havent been to many games recently but hoping to make it sat so going back a few years i would have to say more recent marc cadotte great sety of wheels and could put the bread in the basket then even futher back i used to enjoying watching rick fera

dont all shout at me. I know he plays for the Blaze. But Adam Calder.

The guy was a sniper. Could score short goals, ppg, defend, The guy was awesome.

If not him, i would go for Joey Talbot. I reckon if he played us on his own, he would still score.....

Foxy

Chris Brant 'The Indian'from Bracknell always wanted to see him in a devils shirt :) Think that might ave been ISL though