Advice on tickets

Thread starter #1
I've not been to a Devils games since the '90s in the old WNIR, having moved to London at the turn of the millennium. However we're back in Cardiff at Christmas and my daughter wants to go to a game. The only one that works is Coventry on the 27th. Tickets go on sale later today.

I've rounded up a group of us so there will be seven of us including a 7 year old and a 6 year old. Does anyone have any advice on where would be good to sit, especially with two small children? I want them to have a good view basically and I'm happy to pay for 'gold' seats. When I was a teenager I loved being able to walk down from our seats to go right up by the plexiglass. I'm not sure younger kids will get much out of that view.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Wannabe2

Most seats in the new place have good views, there is no standing, and no standing by the plexi, people have different views on their favourite seats, myself I would say the higher the better, with row K being the highest. It’s a great venue for kids, I would get my seats now to have the best choice, you can get a seating map of the venue of the Devils webcast. It’s a great night and the best ticket in Cardiff, arrive a bit early if your driving to be able to park okay. Have a great Xmas.

Gazza272

I've not been to a Devils games since the '90s in the old WNIR, having moved to London at the turn of the millennium. However we're back in Cardiff at Christmas and my daughter wants to go to a game. The only one that works is Coventry on the 27th. Tickets go on sale later today.

I've rounded up a group of us so there will be seven of us including a 7 year old and a 6 year old. Does anyone have any advice on where would be good to sit, especially with two small children? I want them to have a good view basically and I'm happy to pay for 'gold' seats. When I was a teenager I loved being able to walk down from our seats to go right up by the plexiglass. I'm not sure younger kids will get much out of that view.

Any advice would be really appreciated!
Hi Ben,

if you have small Children i'd suggest not sitting too near the drums. The boys can be pretty loud :D they are in block 4 I believe? so might be worth you considering that. and going a few blocks either side.

hip check

I'm in block 4 row E, don't find the drums particularly annoying but if you sat right in front of them you probably would.
Block 2 and Block 6 are good views, 2 is nearer the cafe and main bar, 6 has a bar on the walkway immediately behind you.
Not sure if you could get a group discount for 7 people but worth a try.
You'll find the atmosphere a little different to the old WNIR and the hockey is of a higher standard but less physical than the old days.
Hope you enjoy the experience.☺️

Thread starter #7
Cheers, hip check!
What can I expect to find in the bar/cafe? The usual snacks and hot dogs? I'm thinking we're better off having an early dinner before we head to the game.
I looked at discounts but it's for 10+ people. At one time we had 10 going but it's down to 7 now.

hip check

Usual things like your hot dogs, burgers, chips with or without curry, few different beers/lagers etc.
Don't know how early you plan on going but there's usually a question and answer session in the main upstairs bar with the Devil's CEO and Neil Francis (you may remember him) about an hour and a half before face off time, can be informative at times.

Thread starter #9
Q&A is a great idea. Not sure the younger ones will be up for it.
I may be in the minority but I loved the WNIR hot dogs!

JT666

I really like the view from block 19 as you get to see the players entering the penalty box as well as watching the movements on the bench in the distance as well. I also find you get a better view of the whole ice from there.

This is the view from Block 19 Row D Seat 10/11 at the Vaxjo Lakers game. (PS. Contrary to my photograph, the ice isn't on a slope!)

Attachments

Devils86

I’d say as high as you can in Blocks 19-20. Although I think a lot of the highest seats in those blocks may be reserved for corporate tickets.

Bazza

There is a Grazing Shed downstairs for some decent burgers - may just have time to re-mortgage if there are 7 of you!!! Although if you are in London it is probably loose change I guess!! :)

As comment above says most seats are pretty good but you do get some restrictions on some of the angles. I am back of block 7 and only 'blind spot' is in in the far corner up by the Devils bench. And that is only slightly restricted.

If want unobstructed views but away from the drums then behind the goal opposite end is pretty good although only get Devils attacking once.

Enjoy.

Thread starter #13
I really like the view from block 19 as you get to see the players entering the penalty box as well as watching the movements on the bench in the distance as well. I also find you get a better view of the whole ice from there.

This is the view from Block 19 Row D Seat 10/11 at the Vaxjo Lakers game. (PS. Contrary to my photograph, the ice isn't on a slope!)
Thanks so much for the pic. I tried looking online for seat views and couldn't find any. This looks great. That's the sort of view I like personally.

Thread starter #14
I’d say as high as you can in Blocks 19-20. Although I think a lot of the highest seats in those blocks may be reserved for corporate tickets.
That's useful to know. When I looked at games already on sale those higher seats in that section were gone, which may be the case even when the game on Dec 27 goes on sale later today.

Thread starter #15
There is a Grazing Shed downstairs for some decent burgers - may just have time to re-mortgage if there are 7 of you!!! Although if you are in London it is probably loose change I guess!! :)

As comment above says most seats are pretty good but you do get some restrictions on some of the angles. I am back of block 7 and only 'blind spot' is in in the far corner up by the Devils bench. And that is only slightly restricted.

If want unobstructed views but away from the drums then behind the goal opposite end is pretty good although only get Devils attacking once.

Enjoy.
I've never been to Grazing Shed on my visits back home so this would be a good excuse. And yeah, compared with London it's probably a bargain!

JT666

Thanks so much for the pic. I tried looking online for seat views and couldn't find any. This looks great. That's the sort of view I like personally.
Might be a good idea for a pinned thread? If everyone takes a photo from their seat on game night, it gives prospective ticket buyers a rough idea of the view from certain blocks.

Regarding the view, Ben, if you're looking for a nice mix of being relatively close up AND having a good vantage point of all the ice, Block 19, Row D might be a good shout.

Thread starter #17
Might be a good idea for a pinned thread? If everyone takes a photo from their seat on game night, it gives prospective ticket buyers a rough idea of the view from certain blocks.

Regarding the view, Ben, if you're looking for a nice mix of being relatively close up AND having a good vantage point of all the ice, Block 19, Row D might be a good shout.
A thread with pics will be a lot of help for the next 'me' who comes along!
And thanks for the Row D tip.

Thread starter #18
Well, we've ended up in Block 19, row G. Not a lot of options for 7 together in that block but I'm happy with the selection.
A huge thanks to everyone who offered tips. Hopefully the thread will be useful for other first-timers as well!

Pondlife

Well, we've ended up in Block 19, row G. Not a lot of options for 7 together in that block but I'm happy with the selection.
A huge thanks to everyone who offered tips. Hopefully the thread will be useful for other first-timers as well!
Great seats. Mostly season ticket holders around you.

Wannabe2

Those are very good seats, you won’t be disappointed.