Adams sacked?

Gazza272

Paul Sullivan said:
Bob was indeed a 'Special one' in our history.

Interesting that while many are critical of the way in which the Club currently generalise about the fan base, you calling an entire fanbase from years past 'stupid' suggests fans can be as misguided as owners in their communications and highlights the need for moderation and eloquence in communication.

You seem to have avoided any comment on the current situation. Is that patient bystanding, fence sitting, denial, avoidance or is it endorsement of the current management of the Club? For a play-by-play enthusiast you seem to be avoiding calling what you see.

Because to be honest, 'Not as bad as Bob' isn't exactly a glowing endorsement, for reasons you have yourself highlighted. Leaves a whole lot of scope.

No I didn't call an entire fan base stupid.

I said it would be stupid to do it again. Two completely different things. I've no doubt the first time around in 2001 the decision was taken by fans with an honest and open thought process to do what was right for the club.

However to look back on it I think it created a divide between club and fans that hasn't healed over multiple ownership changes. I think both owner and fans have to take a portion of the blame for that. It's not something I think would do anyone any good in this day and age, thus I think it would be a stupid act in this moment in time.

As for not making a comment on things. Well I'm not exactly sure what I'm making a comment on. This thread is about Adams being sacked and while the mood around the rink last night was that it was going to happen last night or today it still has not been confirmed.

So As it didn't happen last night I'll wait and see in the hope that the club and G have sat down today and came to the conclusion that swapping and changes the coaching set up and G's playing career isn't helping anything.

So i'll wait and see what the ultimate end of all this is before nailing an opinion down. What I really hope is that after all his years of service to the Devils is that Gerad Adams is shown the proper amount of Respect.

Paul Sullivan

Gazza272 said:
What I really hope is that after all his years of service to the Devils is that Gerad Adams is shown the proper amount of Respect.
Thanks for the response

I think that is something that pretty much every fan (and every observer from other Clubs) is hoping for.

However I would submit that recent events have already illustrated a total lack of respect for Gerad, his current position and his contribution to both the Club and the business of The Cardiff Devils.

Mooney#16 said:
Taken the time to digest this situation and I read it two ways. I think from the looks of it Regan has tried to renegotiate down Gs contract since he retired to the bench which obviously G hasn't wanted to do. Don't blame him. So a political game has occurred that says they haven't the money for G as coach and a top end player so G has been forced back to the ice. I don't blame G. If that top defence man had been brought in the reality is I think it would have been curtains for him. His money pays for the guy and you merge Pope as head coach and GM.

The fact is Devils simply and obviously do not have the finance in place or diligence with what they do have to operate a team to compete at the top of the Eliteleague. It is obvious given there environment and circumstance. Just give up talking yourselves up. It's ridiculous especially this perennial we are going for it this year story to be followed by budget cuts with in a few weeks. You are conning supporters out of season ticket money for a product that seems like there is little expectation of ever fulfilling.

The situation with G is unsavoury and lacks any sense of decent human touch in management. But alarmingly now the treatment of the fan base has reached a worryingly arrogant level. I really think people are now feeling like they are being short changed and conned out of there money and it's not for what is being seen on the ice but what is being promised as a customer package and time and time again changed or not delivered. People want to see a team maximising its capability and entertaining. Not necessarily winning. But allow the team to do that. To undermine and demotivate the team to the point it impacts the on ice performance is to sell tickets for a product you then want to reduce the bottom line off and impact it's quality under cost saving measures. It cheats your customers and the rumbles of feeling in the fan base are exactly that. They feel cheated of what there money is getting them. I have no time for manager who attack the bottom line. It's lazy and skill less. To grow your business takes skill and acumen.

Whoever the personalities involved are I know none of them or there stories but it seems the identity of the Cardiff devils has been completely lost along the way. They should be an uncompromising team of blue coller guys who play for each other and do what it takes to be successful mirroring the enherent traits of a fan base of a city with a blue coller hard working population. They don't want business clubs and corporate events and things connected to a small population of the business community within the city. The fans can't connect with that. They want a team to be proud of that represents its values of hard work, effort, honesty and togetherness. Right now between the ownership, management and coaching staff that is far from a reality and they are all to blame in my eyes.
In summary then, they have diluted the product on and off ice and diluted integrity beyond recognition

blk2hockeymum said:
I think people need to be very careful when they start blurring the lines between the juniors and the senior team. This is a discussion about the coach of the senior team and not about canvassing children about their opinions of Brent. Snifferdog, just to be clear I don't think it was anything to do with Brent that you are no longer a steward, I think that was probably down to your own behaviour because in anyone's books threatening children who play for the DCF is unacceptable even without your stewards jacket on. You chose to take your son to slough so good luck to you. But before you critise others perhaps you should get your own behaviour in check. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
You have lied on a public forum, at no time whatsoever did I or would I ever threaten children. You on the other hand in front of witnesses did.
Just for your information:
Libel is the use of false defamatory claims about someone in written or printed form.

End of discussion.

Koop11

In some respects I’m pleased that we have heard nothing further from the club because it’s the airing our laundry in public that has damaged its reputation, although I accept a lot of that has been down to unofficial statements from the SW Echo. I like to think it a lesson learnt however I feel it is more likely legal advice recommending silence.

This appears to have gone beyond the interest of the club’s long term future and simply a personal battle. I think both parties here have to take responsibility for this mess and also consider the club before their own agendas.

Mooney#16

I'm not a devout G defender and if he was coaching behind the bench and nothing changed then fair enough he would be staring down the barrel of the gun. But I just think the whole structure has now been found out and that is not just Gs fault. If the budget requires a player coach then that is what you get. But you also get the limitations in coaching ability that come with that. So he is essentially coaching with one arm tied behind his back. If you want mid table mediocrity (which is exactly Devils rightful place at present) then a player coach will give you that. If you want to compete. You need a budget that accommodates a coaching staff.

G probably gives devils a massive home town discount as it is. Sack him. Fine. Who comes in as player coach as that is what would have to happen given the budget constraints. None of the current team are up to stepping up. Would you get a guy in for the money of the required standard to push on. Doubtful.

For Devils to make the leap up the ladder in terms of performance and consistency they need to budget in a Head Coach. That being the case I think G has paid his dues and is owed that opportunity. Fail there and even he would agree it would then be time to go.

Mooney#16

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Mooney#16 said:
Taken the time to digest this situation and I read it two ways. I think from the looks of it Regan has tried to renegotiate down Gs contract since he retired to the bench which obviously G hasn't wanted to do. Don't blame him. So a political game has occurred that says they haven't the money for G as coach and a top end player so G has been forced back to the ice. I don't blame G. If that top defence man had been brought in the reality is I think it would have been curtains for him. His money pays for the guy and you merge Pope as head coach and GM.

The fact is Devils simply and obviously do not have the finance in place or diligence with what they do have to operate a team to compete at the top of the Eliteleague. It is obvious given there environment and circumstance. Just give up talking yourselves up. It's ridiculous especially this perennial we are going for it this year story to be followed by budget cuts with in a few weeks. You are conning supporters out of season ticket money for a product that seems like there is little expectation of ever fulfilling.

The situation with G is unsavoury and lacks any sense of decent human touch in management. But alarmingly now the treatment of the fan base has reached a worryingly arrogant level. I really think people are now feeling like they are being short changed and conned out of there money and it's not for what is being seen on the ice but what is being promised as a customer package and time and time again changed or not delivered. People want to see a team maximising its capability and entertaining. Not necessarily winning. But allow the team to do that. To undermine and demotivate the team to the point it impacts the on ice performance is to sell tickets for a product you then want to reduce the bottom line off and impact it's quality under cost saving measures. It cheats your customers and the rumbles of feeling in the fan base are exactly that. They feel cheated of what there money is getting them. I have no time for manager who attack the bottom line. It's lazy and skill less. To grow your business takes skill and acumen.

Whoever the personalities involved are I know none of them or there stories but it seems the identity of the Cardiff devils has been completely lost along the way. They should be an uncompromising team of blue coller guys who play for each other and do what it takes to be successful mirroring the enherent traits of a fan base of a city with a blue coller hard working population. They don't want business clubs and corporate events and things connected to a small population of the business community within the city. The fans can't connect with that. They want a team to be proud of that represents its values of hard work, effort, honesty and togetherness. Right now between the ownership, management and coaching staff that is far from a reality and they are all to blame in my eyes.
In summary then, they have diluted the product on and off ice and diluted integrity beyond recognition
You could say that but I chose to use four paragraphs and long words. But yes the product has now been rendered unrecognisable from what was promised when season tickets were being sold. This is not a team looking for trophies. Its a team operating on a reduced budget aiming for mid table. Just be honest about it. The integrity of the Cardiff Devils name has sadly been dragged through the mud by successive owners not just current to a point it has become synonymous with in fighting, self promotion based on little fact and down right trading of past glories not current success. Eventually the rot has to stop. Steady the ship. Have your identity and product established at the start of a season and let it play out.

Earnie

Mooney#16 said:
I'm not a devout G defender and if he was coaching behind the bench and nothing changed then fair enough he would be staring down the barrel of the gun. But I just think the whole structure has now been found out and that is not just Gs fault. If the budget requires a player coach then that is what you get. But you also get the limitations in coaching ability that come with that. So he is essentially coaching with one arm tied behind his back. If you want mid table mediocrity (which is exactly Devils rightful place at present) then a player coach will give you that. If you want to compete. You need a budget that accommodates a coaching staff.

G probably gives devils a massive home town discount as it is. Sack him. Fine. Who comes in as player coach as that is what would have to happen given the budget constraints. None of the current team are up to stepping up. Would you get a guy in for the money of the required standard to push on. Doubtful.

For Devils to make the leap up the ladder in terms of performance and consistency they need to budget in a Head Coach. That being the case I think G has paid his dues and is owed that opportunity. Fail there and even he would agree it would then be time to go.

I'll go along with that one Mooney#16.

Its time to Kiss and Make Up with G,the team and the fan base. Bringing in a top end D and putting G back as Coach (not Player/Coach) would do that . The cost would be offset by Hill's money and the bums on seats you are not going to loose?

Welshy74

Gametime Thursday when G's name is announced in player introduction s what about a standing ovation for him to show the support we have for him through all this?? Just a thought

Mooney#16 said:
agree with this paragraph so much. there are too many power struggles going on within management, fan base, rink owners and pretty much every other area of the club. PR and whoever else promotes the clubs image has got this one very wrong but it is not the only issue. our results vastly improved with brent working with adams and the lack of guidance on the weekend was evident. there will always be difference of opinions but lets all think about the club, not ourselves. i just hope clarity and honesty prevails and we get back to what we used to do better than any other fans in the league - support the team. like welshy i will be on my feet cheering adams on thursdsay.

philrowlands31 said:
Gs body language at the end of the game last night told me everything I needed to know about whats happening... he was fed up.....!
Oh come on.....haven't you noticed?
G skates off in that - miles ahead of everyone else....every time we lose!

Wannabe2

Welshy74 said:
Gametime Thursday when G's name is announced in player introduction s what about a standing ovation for him to show the support we have for him through all this?? Just a thought
With you on that one.

Wannabe2 said:
Welshy74 said:
With you on that one.
Brilliant idea !!!!!!!!!!! :D

For me, it is not to do with how good a coach he is or what he has achieved anymore, its about someone who has been messed about and potentially trying to be pushed out of a job ungraciously.

He has proved his loyalty to us...pay it forward !

Welshy74

Kerry said:
Wannabe2 said:
Welshy74 said:
With you on that one.
Brilliant idea !!!!!!!!!!! :D

For me, it is not to do with how good a coach he is or what he has achieved anymore, its about someone who has been messed about and potentially trying to be pushed out of a job ungraciously.

He has proved his loyalty to us...pay it forward !
Exactly my thoughts

Personally i think it's time for a change. Adams and Francis should go. I went to my 1st game vs fife on Sunday and couldn't believe what. I was watching. Poor side in my opinion has been assembled the imports are not good enough to wear the shirt, not a patch on previous seasons and era's gone by. Don't know if anyone agrees with me but the skill level just doesn't seem to be there like it used to be in the days of Mcewen now it justs seems to be dump and chase it time after time shift after shift.

bozman said:
time to let G go if it was a football team performing so badly the manager would be gone
Yeah because that always works...

We need consistency. G on the bench or on the ice but pick 1. We need a run of games with no injuries and suspensions and for god sakes stick with the same lines!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Everyone keeps saying about the standard of this team being worse than previous seasons but I seem to remember a pretty miserable season with Jeff Pierce, Frank the Tank and Scott Dobben. We were moaning about that team all year and I don't think that they would have done any better in the current league. Almost definitely would have been worse.

Nothing against those guys but that was just a rubbish season (possibly dude to the high standard of the year before).

bozman

danhall76 said:
bozman said:
time to let G go if it was a football team performing so badly the manager would be gone
Yeah because that always works...

We need consistency. G on the bench or on the ice but pick 1. We need a run of games with no injuries and suspensions and for god sakes stick with the same lines!!

it does actually