adams in 20 game blast

What is the point of having Sharp in a team? He's supposed to be there as an enforcer, yet the only fights he's had down the Big Blue Tent lately have involved him coming off the bench when play has finished!

Also makes me laugh that Sheffield go on about sucker punches when they have their goalie punching Voth from behind when he's not looking and an "enforcer" who takes a two handed swing with his stick at the back of one of our players at the end of the game that also happens to catch one of the officials!

Also have you noticed, that Sharp hasn't gone anywhere near MacIver or Voth.....His 3 fights have been against Hartwick (2) and Jarvis......also worth noting he lost all 3 :lol:

He actually had a shift (well if you can call it that) earlier in the game, so why not pick a fight then if that's what he was interested in? Waste of space!

I would hope that to save the reputation of this league and the Steelers organisation that Sharp is sacked before any ban needs to be announced. I think most of their fans are calling for this so fair play to them.

It's also good to see the Echo reporting Jody's actions and quite correctly pinning the blame on him for starting it all off at the end. Hopefully his sucker punch is caught on camara, because that's a mandatory 4 games I'm sure. Add to that the gestures and the water bottle and he must be looking at 6 games plus a fine. Then again, I doubt the correct decision will be made.

Chris

Administrator
Makes a nice change to read an article like that :)

If Sharp isn't banned for more games than Voth, it's going to be shambles. Whilst both teams were probably at fault for the fights at the end, Sharp went one step too far.

Be interesting to see how things develop from here.

** Edit - Where does it say about Lehman losing MoM? Wasn't it announced last night that Latulippe was our Mom, the paper is reporting it as Silverthorn? **

Chris.

James said:
Fairly balanced report on the Stir here
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines ... 4792543.jp
even mentions Finnerty bottling it when offered out by Tulip. Interestingly it also says Jodys MoM was withdrawn due to his after match antics. quote]

That's because it's copied from the echo with a couple of extra comments thrown in. Westerdale did the same a few weeks back where he reported that Sharp got beaten up by Hartwick! :lol:

Koop11

Interesting line about Voth and Campbell. Both my brother and I were commenting on how quiet they were last night. I guess that would make sense.

Dare I say, a very balanced report coming from the Star.

Yeap fair play to the Stir that is a pretty good report.
I was going to mention Brad and DC but that fact they had a virus would make sense.
As for 20 games for Sharp I would like to see a longer ban and even a Sine dine ban.
What did Scott Young get a few years back for hitting an official??

A pathetic response from Matsos regarding Sharp; "There isn't any point at second guessing what the league will decide. We will wait and see what comes our way. It was a heated end to the game, an emotional night"

Sacking/condemning Sharp, prior to a hearing would have been the honorable thing IMO.

See the Dallas Stars response to Avery's actions.

Rempel16

Iceman1234 said:
Also have you noticed, that Sharp hasn't gone anywhere near MacIver or Voth.....His 3 fights have been against Hartwick (2) and Jarvis......also worth noting he lost all 3 :lol:

He actually had a shift (well if you can call it that) earlier in the game, so why not pick a fight then if that's what he was interested in? Waste of space!
Yup and in that shift Maciver levelled a steeler 10 feet away from sharp, who promptly did absolutely nothing, the fat git.

It appears that the Steelers PR machine is revving up in an attempt to limit the damage.
They are claiming that Sharp "manhandled" Matsos in order to leave the bench. They are setting Sharp up as the sole scapegoat in all of this and deflect attention from the others. Losing Sharp will not hurt them, probably benefit them.
My wife and I sit in block 3, we had a great view of the Steelers bench. At no time did Sharp manhandle Matsos.
I have always had a lot of respect for Matsos as a person and player, but he along with other Steelers officials must take some responsibility in all this.
Dave Matsos has failed to control his players, He along with BP should take responsibility for bringing this idiot aka Andrew Sharp into their club. They knew what they were getting when they signed him, a talentless hockey player who is a very limited fighter. The irony is that it was comments made following Sharp's signing that started the whole banning culture on the Elite forum.
Jody acted like a complete prat. What he did was dangerous and should face a suspension as a result. Enough would be said if a fan threw something onto the ice at him.
Dave Simms needs to to take a long look at himself as it was his irresponsibility with his comments and half truths in the press that has hyped all this up. I notice today his silence is deafening. Not a single comment condemning Sharp. Apparently the Steelers are just going to wait for the Elite League to decide what to do. Just like you aways do eh Simmsy!!!! Never comment on these situations!!!
As far as Devils are concerned I would rather Gerad not be calling for 20 game bans or whatever in the press. Lets show a bit of class, present the evidence to the authorites and deal with things behind closed doors. Lets not go down the same road as the Steelers certainly would.

Sorry for the rant.

zoesdevil

to be honest lehman is the one who started all that fracas last night,i dont think it would of got anywhere near as nuts as it did if he didnt try and act the hard man and then when it all kicked off skated to the back of the crowd and watched and of course he was the big man man sucker punching voth when he wasnt looking and then offering him to drop his gloves when he's stuck in the penalty box knowing that voth couldn't get out,he only got a 10 penalty for what he did when he should be punished a hell of alot more as he could of caused a riot with the way he acted towards the devils supporters and i also like reading how on one site cant remember where that the squeelers fans are following suit by moaning that they were bullied out of our rink last night!!!!!!!!!!!