Abuse being hurled at Devils Management

Rob Batch

The Inferno seems quite infernoesque at the moment, hot, marvellous really. Only 2 and a bit to go, weekwise, " signings I presume as well. Not long now!!

Rob Batch

I would also like to state that I struggle to see what the tiny smiley faces are doing. I assumed they were all smiling! On closer inspection they could be giving you the middle finger !!

Have you actually read the posts on this subject.References "entitled subsection",abusive entitled ones" and "old moaners -new blood needed"
I dont recall TK stating who had attacked him.Most of the complaints seem to be made by family people and those whose work causes a problem.This would most likely point towards the younger generation.I would like to know what these entitlements are so i can get some of them.
The comment i made about racism was sarcastic.Those who attack certain groups in our society usually have a whole lot of others they also hate.
That doesnt apply to me of course i have a great Asian family as neighbours and furthermore some of my neighbours are ENGLISH
......... The inferno just reached an all time low... Hard to believe, I know.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Mazzoak

Lots of assumptions being thrown around on here and social media, with a hell of a lot more irony.
People being condemned for insulting Todd, with insults !!!!
So many have chosen to condemn the Inferno’s content and membership and yet completely missed the point with their own insults, incredulous levels of opinion.
Private messages and the content should remain a private matter or shared with the Police or lawyers, especially abusive, insulting messages. Those people sent direct messages, not anonymous, they felt strongly enough to face Todd.
Todd as a tough ex hockey player, has I’m sure, faced many insults, threats of violence through his career. He could have easily dealt with this privately? He’s no fool, he’s played a different game this week and we’ve all played a part.
Nobody can be condoned, insulting Todd is wrong, totally unacceptable, but it should not be brought out in a statement by Todd, sorry l believe that is unprofessional and serves nobody.

Mazzoak

I think by making it public it will go a long way to ensuring it doesn’t happen again.
The trade off though is what if someone does something stupid to someone who may or may not have sent a message. Witch hunts in the fan base..........do we really want or support indirect retribution.

august04

No-one can condone personal abuse against any member of staff just trying to do their job but it bugs me that the Inferno gets dragged into that on social media when I haven’t seen personal abuse towards Kelman in any post on here in these threads from people that had a problem with his decision. Yes people didn’t agree with the way it was done and expressed that view but I don’t recall any of the opposing voices personally abusing anyone. There’s been plenty of abuse flying in the other direction though from certain posters, which is a bit rich.
Kelman is no fool, he’s seen it all before and must have thick skin but that’s no excuse for anyone abusing the guy, who works his nuts off for this club - but you have to say, he’s played a blinder with that statement. It’s deflected everything away from the 4pm decision onto the personal abuse issue - which no one can argue with. Anyway, it’s done now and we get on with things.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

but you have to say, he’s played a blinder with that statement. It’s deflected everything away from the 4pm decision onto the personal abuse issue - which no one can argue with. Anyway, it’s done now and we get on with things.
Absolutely. The odds of further time changes being successfully implemented has significantly swung his way.

august04

Absolutely. The odds of further time changes being successfully implemented has significantly swung his way.
Now he’s come out and said it, I don’t have a problem. We all now know there will be games on Sundays at 4pm in the future and season ticket holders can decide whether it effects them or not next off season. Better communication is really all that people were asking for, given the clubs’ previous statement.

BostonBart22

I wonder how ragan and pope wouldve dealt with it.....lol...and from what i heard up to 2000 season tkts have been sold , cant wait for fans crying out for tkts on a few 4pm face offs...

Mazzoak

I’m surprised it isn’t more than 2000.
The buy back scheme is the perfect solution, season ticket holders get something back, occasionally fans get a chance and the club gets more per seat. God only knows what messages Todd may get though.........

Paul Sullivan

No-one can condone personal abuse against any member of staff just trying to do their job but it bugs me that the Inferno gets dragged into that on social media when I haven’t seen personal abuse towards Kelman in any post on here in these threads from people that had a problem with his decision. Yes people didn’t agree with the way it was done and expressed that view but I don’t recall any of the opposing voices personally abusing anyone. There’s been plenty of abuse flying in the other direction though from certain posters, which is a bit rich.
Kelman is no fool, he’s seen it all before and must have thick skin but that’s no excuse for anyone abusing the guy, who works his nuts off for this club - but you have to say, he’s played a blinder with that statement. It’s deflected everything away from the 4pm decision onto the personal abuse issue - which no one can argue with. Anyway, it’s done now and we get on with things.
The people who hurl this kind of abuse aren't exactly famous for doing it in a public environment, unless they can hide behind a twitter handle or a username. You won't see them approaching Todd in the bar, as a rule. Yes the Inferno membership has been brought into it - though of course that includes an owner haha - unfairly, but folk do tend to generalise. All of them. Always :D