A bit different - Treasured posessions

Sliput

Thread starter #1
Moving away from the 'game', present team etc....what is your most treasured hockey posession ?

I have been watching hockey for over 27 years and even though i have bought shirts,pucks...had broken sticks signed, pictures taken with favourite players etc....my favourite posession was a tape that ws given to me years ago featuring the day my then team (Not Devils) were promoted after losing our own game but our closest rival had lost.......the reason it means so much because it was fantastic and then near tragedy....after hearing about the other games results we all were hyper on the coach on the way home...only to get back to the ice rink to find out that one of our players had been hit by a car as he got off the coach and was in a bad way. The topsy turvy emotions of that day will stay with me forever. Luckily after two broken legs he made a full recovery.......

Sorry to go off on a tangent but just wondered what meant most to people, i dont mean players shirts etc ,just little things that are probably worthless to others but mean the world to you.

PS... You gave us a damn fright that night Waffy ;)

Mine is a Jaroslav Halak signed puck and stick that I won when I went to Montreal back in may. The day of the playoff match against Philly there was a fanzone event happening outside the bell centre, and I managed to win a raffle so got those two items for just a $2 investment! Bear in mind he was the king of Montreal at the time!