Todd’s chat today

moggy#9

Fascinating interview. I'm pretty blown away by the number and calibre of coaching applications. The other thing the interview shows is how lucky we are to have Todd sorting things out. Surely the best GM in the league.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Thread starter #4
Really enjoyed that, great to be kept up to speed and not treated like a load of Mushrooms. This club leads the way in so many things, and we are so lucky to have what we have. Up front honest and recent, pretty neat I reckon.

RossDaws

Todd excellent as always - insight we especially need in the current times. As usual, he didn't give much away but the one thing that piqued my interest was when he touched on the possibility of opening up with limited capacity.

It's been discussed throughout the last few months here and on Twitter etc. but I've personally never considered it a viable option. Source of optimism for the (hopefully eventual) season ahead, though?

moggy#9

Todd excellent as always - insight we especially need in the current times. As usual, he didn't give much away but the one thing that piqued my interest was when he touched on the possibility of opening up with limited capacity.

It's been discussed throughout the last few months here and on Twitter etc. but I've personally never considered it a viable option. Source of optimism for the (hopefully eventual) season ahead, though?
Also that he expects the league to make an announcement in a couple of weeks. Discussions must be progressing with various stakeholders for that to be a possibility. The obvious fly in the ointment though would be the possibility of a second lockdown in the autumn.

august04

Sounds like there’ll be an EIHL update on next season within the next two weeks.
I’ll be amazed if we have a season. I’m clinging on to hope but I just don’t see it happening sadly with such uncertainty around still on how this thing is going to pan out.

moggy#9

Sounds like there’ll be an EIHL update on next season within the next two weeks.
I’ll be amazed if we have a season. I’m clinging on to hope but I just don’t see it happening sadly with such uncertainty around still on how this thing is going to pan out.
Given Todd's optimism, I can't see it being no season at all. He is in the know after all. I could however see a start around November (assuming no further lockdown) and a curtailed season.

Ocko

I’d be amazed if we don’t have a season. New cases are the lowest they’ve been since mid March, well before lockdown, and the trend is that they’ll continue to fall. The country can’t and won’t remain in lockdown with the figures as they are.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Great interview by an honest guy, good to hear the league has a plan for the new season albeit a full one or a short season regarding the commitment from other clubs, my take on this and its only my opinion is a 8 team league 2 home 2 away no cup games, would settle for that all day long..

moggy#9

As I've said elsewhere I think the problem for the arena teams will be availability of dates for matches - assuming they're open at all.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #14
Great interview by an honest guy, good to hear the league has a plan for the new season albeit a full one or a short season regarding the commitment from other clubs, my take on this and its only my opinion is a 8 team league 2 home 2 away no cup games, would settle for that all day long..
Not viable I reckon 28 games won’t cut it.

Samael

Until the government say something regarding indoor sporting events there is no season for 20/21. That is what l took from Todd's interview. The club are planning for a positive outcome which is all they can do but they are being realistic. Its the difference between a proactive and reactive approach. Seems Todd is just being proactive right now which is why we are getting this very welcome communication.

Swarley

Until the government say something regarding indoor sporting events there is no season for 20/21. That is what l took from Todd's interview. The club are planning for a positive outcome which is all they can do but they are being realistic. Its the difference between a proactive and reactive approach. Seems Todd is just being proactive right now which is why we are getting this very welcome communication.
England are allowing indoor sports from July 23rd from what I read.