Steelers v Devils - 25/09 @ 17:00 - CCup - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Looks like the early bird price for the Steelers webcast is available until midnight on Saturday, so if you want to get it - https://sheffieldsteelers.tv/ - now would be the time ovtherwise it's £10 on the day! But they offer one, and it's always pretty good so it's worth looking at if you don't want to watch text scrolling across a screen, otherwise...

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Russky

In the absence of the Red Army Travel running a trip up to the House of Foil on Sunday, If any Devils fan is making their way up under their own steam so to speak and would like to contribute MNL's intended coverage of this game, please pm me here. We have one confirmed texter so far, ideally we need at least another one maybe two texters in an effort to make the coverage on a par with it's usual standard of excellence.

Last edited:

Russky

In the absence of the Red Army Travel running a trip up to the House of Foil on Sunday, If any Devils fan is making their way up under their own steam so to speak and would like to contribute MNL's intended coverage of this game, please pm me here. We have one confirmed texter so far, ideally we need at least another one maybe two texters in an effort to make the coverage on a par with it's usual standard of excellence.
UPDATE: Phil Bean Egan has now 'stepped up to the plate' and very kindly offered to send me game update texts along with our regular Doncaster based Devils fan: Maria. Thanks to you both. Without either of you, it would be alot more difficult, if not almost impossible to provide the depth of coverage on this game. All those Devils fans from all over the world, who tune into MNL for their hockey fix on a saturday and sunday owe all the texters involved a huge debt of gratitude.

Last edited:
Think Lord should play himself today, Bordy wont like it but I'd rest him for a while . A broken nose normally comes with quite a bit of swelling and his breathing will be impaired. After all, this is why we are carrying an extra import right?

Electro

I've seen his face on his Twitter page, only a cut with steri strips is visible. No bruising, swelling or distortion to the nasal area. Im sure he's played with and received far worse injuries than this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen his face on his Twitter page, only a cut with steri strips is visible. No bruising, swelling or distortion to the nasal area. Im sure he's played with and received far worse injuries than this.

I'm sure he has played with worse,but if he is not going to be fighting and he would be stupid to do so Lord will bring more to the table than Bordy. If like he says his nose is broken there will be swelling, even if it is internal.His breathing is almost certain to be affected. I've played rugby with similar injury and not only was it unpleasant but to be honest it held me back too.

ASHIPP

UPDATE: Phil Bean Egan has now 'stepped up to the plate' and very kindly offered to send me game update texts along with our regular Doncaster based Devils fan: Maria. Thanks to you both. Without either of you, it would be alot more difficult, if not almost impossible to provide the depth of coverage on this game. All those Devils fans from all over the world, who tune into MNL for their hockey fix on a saturday and sunday owe all the texters involved a huge debt of gratitude.
This is really great.

Thankyou for volunteering to report this game. So many folks rely on MNL to follow games they can't attend - it's an essential service.

august04

After a slow first period, the Devils totally dominated the second and were pretty comfortable in the third. A great result and a marker set for the season too.

ASHIPP

The Big Red Machine is cranking up! What a fantastic result from the Guys. Spirits sky high and CCup hopes got a confidence boost. Well done....bet that bus is rocking home down the M1!

Devil94

When they scored their first goal after 25 seconds I thought 'oh here we go, another drubbing in sheffield'. But fair play, great character shown by the guys, and played a fantastic road game. Get in there.

Electro

Good result from a team that is working as a team that is forming into a dominant force.

The comments concerning Lord seem to have no ill effect. In fact, the current situation with Lord on the bench, giving accurate guidance and control, add into the mix the confidence that comes from winning and you will have "those people" well vexed.

Russky

A true captain's performance from Morrisette, leading by example and yet again was the icing on the cake of a great result. As I said on MNL, I really wouldn't have foreseen that the Devils would lead the Steelers 5-2 in their own house of foil.

Last edited: