Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 21 Oct 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

The bid to retain our LEAGUE TITLE begins in earnest

With back to back games against two of our title rivals this weekend the DEVILS campasin hots up.

If you are not Sheffield bound why not join Russky as he hosts MNL coverage.

Score predictions asalways welcomed to matchnightlive@gmail.com and if you can help us out with texts updates please PM Russky

Wannabe2

Huge game for the lads Saturday, Steelers at theirs is always one tough nut to crack, although the Panthers succeeded last weekend. Nottingham are playing very good hockey at the moment. If we play as we can then there's no reason we can't take the points, hopefully after a full week of concentrating on training and working on issues that needed addressing, we can show exactly what we are about, these are the games that should bring the best out of us. So let's get behind the lads, they need us as much as we need them. Come on lads show me and others what you all are made of, after all we all want the same thing at the end of the day.

tim78

The site's not showing any webcast to purchase for me, can anyone else confirm?

I thought there was a press release a while back that Sheffield had stopped the webcasts.

If you check this out, you'll discover the video doesn't tell you everything. See, the guy boarded Deveaux the week before and Deveaux got hurt. That means a two handed slash from behind in the middle of warm-ups was completely fair and justified...

Wannabe2

Well it got him a 11 month ban in Sweden apparently, has also had a few concussions. Think he has been signed to maybe put bums on seats.

I take your point regarding the punishment, but I was really getting at his attitude. He took a hit that, to be fair, should have been called, but his reaction crossed a line. It wasn't exactly heat-of-the-moment, either. Yet he seems to admit little to no guilt and apparently feels completely justified. It's just not what I like to see.

That being said, can't really fault Sheffield for picking him up, think you're right re: bums on seats, and it's definitely sold me a webcast.