Scott Matzka diagnosed with ALS

Paul Sullivan

Thread starter #1
For those not on social media, Scott has today launched this website
http://scottmatzka.com/

Where you can learn about his fight and should you wish, donate to help out his family.

I'm sure he would be grateful to anyone who can help or even just spread the word.

There will be plans to support Scott from his friends in Cardiff, and we will of course let the Inferno know of any details once arranged.

Thanks for reading.

osh

Thanks for posting this devastating news Paul.
Be assured that I will contribute in any way I can to any fund raising events held in conjunction with the Devils organisation or fan movement.

Wannabe2

So very sad to hear that news Paul, Scott was a pure pleasure to watch in a Devils shirt, anyway I can help, will obviously contribute. He is one of us and we look after each other.

jimmy snels

Devils could easily get some one off shirts designed and play a game where they can be bought for a good price after, bissonnette im sure would sign some gear along with all the contacts our owners and former players (clarksons brother an example and russells) have. Voth is here for a week, get him laced up for a 30 second shift and his shirt would sell for a grand!! We should IMO support scott as much as we can reading that news. Absolutely gutted for him. Fantastic player for us and very cruel on a top man.

Perspective perhaps on what a real problem is.

ASHIPP

Let's stop the ridiculous moaning about Brexit for God's sake and spend time thinking about a real tragedy like this one affecting a recent ex-player and his family right now.

Although the game schedule is busy for the Devils next season, it would be great to do a fund raiser for Scott's cause....either a special game or an evening fundraiser.

Scott was so respected by the fans and around the league by so many people. Thoughts and prayers with him and Katie and their young family.

terry hunt

This is devastating news he was one of our best.

I hope the club can organise support for him he was a fan favourite.

I am sure the fans will respond

Koop11

Tragic news for Scott and his young family. This really does put life into perspective. Love and don’t hate folks.

As a club I hope we can do all we can to support Scott during this very difficult time.

wildthing74

This is so sad and hard to believe that such a warrior like Scott has been struck down with this so soon after starting a normal family life.

The guys from Red Army Travel & CDRA met up last night and agreed that with the club's permits so we will donate all money raised at the upcoming Quiz Night on the 11th July.

Like been said already all the petty squabbles you read on here seem so pathetic when you hear news like this.Once you pull on that jersey you become one of us and we look after our own.I am sure as fans and a club we will do right by him.

dave

wildthing74 said:
This is so sad and hard to believe that such a warrior like Scott has been struck down with this so soon after starting a normal family life.

The guys from Red Army Travel & CDRA met up last night and agreed that with the club's permits so we will donate all money raised at the upcoming Quiz Night on the 11th July.

Like been said already all the petty squabbles you read on here seem so pathetic when you hear news like this.Once you pull on that jersey you become one of us and we look after our own.I am sure as fans and a club we will do right by him.
That is great to hear, The UK All Stars will also be doing something and hopefully we will be announcing that soon.

Johnnybravo1927

I am climbing Kilimanjaro next may (long time off I know) but I would be happy to raise fuds for scott via sponsorship whilst doing this. Maybe also get one of his shirts in a picture at the top

donated earlier, close to my heart as my mother passed away to this terrible disease, one thing that helped her is having family support and the support of MND association in providing equipment.

Ocko

This is absolutely tragic, I feel so sorry for Scott and his family. He was such a warrior for us, it's hard to imagine this happening to him.

I have no doubt about it happening but I hope the club adopt his cause and do as much as they can for Scott. He was a great player for us, easily one of the best we've had during the EIHL era. He deserves all our support.

Terrible news, Scott is one of the best I've seen in a devils shirt in my 7 or so years watching the Devils, I really don't know much about ALS so I wonder if there could be a chance for us to get him over here at some point for Richardsons testimonial or Voths night or maybe an event of his own

Electro

Until this was posted l had never heard of the illness. It's a truely terrible situation for all involved.

Life is so precious, we are truly blessed to journey through it unscathed. It's when you connect to people close to you that that reality hits home. It is so easy to forget that a life is taken every second, but it's a reality that we have to deal with.

There are no words that will bring comfort, it's easy to say that we should live everyday as if it's our last, for many it won't be, nobody truely lives each and every day as if its their last. The game for Scott has changed, he knows what the game play is, he has that, many don't.

wildthing74

The club have confirmed they are happy for us to go ahead with donating all profits from the Quiz on Monday. I know it's a Monday night but it would be great to see a lot of people turn out to support the event and help a former Devil who never gave less than 100% every game he played for us.

wildthing74

Thanks to the people who have sent a donation today that cannot make tomorrow night. If anybody would like to do the same you can do via PayPal to info@redarmytravel.co.uk and we will make sure Scott gets every penny to try and help him going forward.

I love how our fans look after their own. Proud of our fanbase.