Paul Thompson is Frustrated

Thread starter #1
http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/e...mpson-some-woman-causes-goal-to-be-wiped-off/

Thommo isn't too impressed but what do you think?

Personally I think there's merit to some of the greivences voiced here, but things like 'Frustration gets to Dessie – we know that and he gets thrown out of the game' suggest a fault with said teammate, not the quality of officiating. He even mentions that people are going to think he's just moaning rather than 'telling the truth' but even if he is right, venting these issues in such a public forum is not going to do you any favours...

Have Hope#35

http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/e...mpson-some-woman-causes-goal-to-be-wiped-off/

Thommo isn't too impressed but what do you think?

Personally I think there's merit to some of the greivences voiced here, but things like 'Frustration gets to Dessie – we know that and he gets thrown out of the game' suggest a fault with said teammate, not the quality of officiating. He even mentions that people are going to think he's just moaning rather than 'telling the truth' but even if he is right, venting these issues in such a public forum is not going to do you any favours...
This is just his post game interview written down and published!

Rich Best

I don't think anyone at all will contest the fact that it was NOT a goal on replay. The goal judge is there to advise the ref on whether goals are in fact goals. I don't really see a problem in her doing her job!

Leaders need to lead by example. The more thommo gets rattled the more his players will get rattled, take stupid penalties and lose tight games as a result. Very very poor leadership from someone who should know better.

terry hunt

Perhaps he is concerned about his position due to Sheffield's track record with underperforming/out of favour coaches.He has an experienced assistant has he not.Remember the sackings of Finnerty and Adams 2 stalwart steeler players and winning coaches.

Wannabe2

He knows steelers fans won't settle for second best, he knows his team is second to us and jealousy is a terrible thing, it can have you spouting crap, and is well known for making you act incredibly childish. Still come March these symptoms will gradually die off, leaving you with only the problem of having to live in Sheffield.

Thread starter #8
It seems a more than appropriate discourse to have inside the locker-room but I think others agree that it comes across as childish when it is this public.

terry hunt

If anyone hasnt read Thommos comments in print it is worth it for the reply by the female goal judge and the exact explanation of what she did and why.I dont see any further comments since her post

Electro

I don't know Thommos sexual orientation, but any intelligent man married to a women knows you should never piss of a women.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voth26

Amazing how Thompson says nothing when they get the decisions for them but moans loud when he thinks his teams is hard done by!!, maybe he should teach his players to keep their mouths shut and respect the officials, the 2+2 on Fitzgerald was entirely his own fault for cross checking Myers 4/5 times in front the ref, Fitzy also caught Lord high but that's ok well Thommo don't bitch and moan when one of your players are on the receiving end, If you instruct your team to try and goon it up don't complain when you get heavily penalised

Jonesy83

I am the ‘some woman’mentioned and I have been a Goal Judge for 28 years. My ‘little chat’ was as the result of being called by to the time keeping bench the referee. He asked me the only question he is required to ask. ‘Did you see that did the puck cross the line’. My reply yes I did it came off the post,the puck did not cross the line. I ran to the bench and back so the game was not delayed any longer than necessary. I do find the remarks both sexist and disrespectful to me and fellow goal judges who all give their time freely to support the sport.
Thank you to everyone for their support and positive comments.
Janine

That's what the lady goal judge posted, kinda puts Thommo back in his box.

Rich Best

What thommo has said and the manner in which he has said it is actually extremely sexist and the league should take action even if simply to force thommo to publicly apologise.

We have seen people in other sports sacked for similarly sexist comments (was it Andy gray or possibly another commentator making sexist comments about a female 'linesman'?).

This kind of sexist comment needs to be stamped out. And managers and players should not be able to make public statements condemning the officials without recourse. Until we stop this happening the sport does not come across as professional.

What thommo has said and the manner in which he has said it is actually extremely sexist and the league should take action even if simply to force thommo to publicly apologise.

We have seen people in other sports sacked for similarly sexist comments (was it Andy gray or possibly another commentator making sexist comments about a female 'linesman'?).

This kind of sexist comment needs to be stamped out. And managers and players should not be able to make public statements condemning the officials without recourse. Until we stop this happening the sport does not come across as professional.
Does anyone know of a means of reporting this to the EIHL? Given that there's been no comment from them yet, I would say they're not likely to do anything unless prompted - if people were to lodge a complaint to them about his comments, maybe that would spur them into action.

Completely agree that there's no place for that kind of comment.

Samael

Given who the chairman of the EIHL and the fact he's got his fingers in a certain orange coloured Yorkshire pudding do you seriously think any action will be taken? The EIHL board is farcical at best and corrupt and self serving at worst.

ASHIPP

The level of unprofessionalism demonstrated by the upper echelons of the Steelers beggars belief. That organisation currently are currently League Champions! What an example to set.( And that idiot Simms has the audacity to call the Devils 'cocky' in tweet.....simply because our team is currently leading the league table.)

I can't recall other coaching staff, management or PR reps of other Elite league clubs behaving in the same way as Steelers in recent years. Jose Morinho syndrome springs to mind.:rolleyes:

terry hunt

The level of unprofessionalism demonstrated by the upper echelons of the Steelers beggars belief. That organisation currently are currently League Champions! What an example to set.( And that idiot Simms has the audacity to call the Devils 'cocky' in tweet.....simply because our team is currently leading the league table.)

I can't recall other coaching staff, management or PR reps of other Elite league clubs behaving in the same way as Steelers in recent years. Jose Morinho syndrome springs to mind.:rolleyes:
Looking at quotes by Finnerty and Neilsen(an ex NHLer) it is not just Sheffield .Janine should not have to defend herself like this.This wouldnt have been let go in other sports.I am dissapointed that Devils management have not raised this issue.
Kelman stood up for his principles at Belfast.
If this league hasnt got the balls to take on the likes of Thommo,Neilson and Finnerty (2 of these have previous form for lack of self control )then the IIIHF should step up.Some of these officials have international standing whatever we may think of them.
Does this mean now that people who volunteer their time and effort to help our club and others are now in Open Season.