Panthers v Devils - Tuesday 21 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

With the Nottingham club still entrenched in the dark ages in terms of webcasts your choice is limited to he 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service , which as normall will call the game based on what our band of texters report, all this at t the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters for this game are despately needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Thread starter #3
At this moment we have ZERO texters for this game so it looks like no MNL. A crying shame after in excess of 5,000 viewers follwed the games in Belfast.

If you help out text MNL on 07527 625206

If we win tonight and win against blaze Saturday And caps Sunday i personally think we have then won the league!!!

It would be a travesty if we couldn't win it from the position we will then be in.
Go devils :)

Sheffield being 8 points behind with equal games . With 10 games remaining, Devils need to win 13 of the 20 available points to make the difference insurmountable... Assuming Steelers/Giants win all their remaining fixtures including 2 each against us.

Touch wood, but its a good position to be in :D!

ASHIPP

Rather not think of permutations and potential future results.

Hope the Boys can carry on the fantastic momentum to every game calmly focusing one game at a time.....with even more determination and confidence tonight after that officiating shambles at the weekend.

Legin

Sheffield being 8 points behind with equal games . With 10 games remaining, Devils need to win 13 of the 20 available points to make the difference insurmountable... Assuming Steelers/Giants win all their remaining fixtures including 2 each against us.

Touch wood, but its a good position to be in :D!
They have one game against each other so one of them will lose at least 1 point

Devil_Abroad

If we play like we did against Belfast then I'm sure we'll come out on top tonight against a beat up and out of sorts Panthers team - though they are much better in their own barn especially with Wiikman in the net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finny

If we win tonight and win against blaze Saturday And caps Sunday i personally think we have then won the league!!!

It would be a travesty if we couldn't win it from the position we will then be in.
Go devils :)
Not for me.
We have to assume Sheffield will win all their remaining games - because that's exactly what they tend to do. Last year after losing to us in Sheffield it looked like they were out of it - and then (I think) won their last 7 games in a row to pip us to the title again.

And when you look at their fixtures you struggle to see where they would lose points.
Their home games against Edinburgh and Coventry (x2) are pretty much bankers. And I'd argue that their home game against Nottingham is too as the Panthers are really struggling away from home at the moment. In fact they've only scored one goal in their last three away games and lost their last 7.
Away games they've got Braehead and Fife away. A week ago I'd have been confident of Fife taking points off them but they lost to Dundee twice last weekend whilst Braehead have been awful against our Conference all season.
They are away to Belfast - but the Giants appear to have imploded at the moment. And although they are away to Nottingham they do have a good record at the NIC in recent years.
Which leaves the two games against us. And after beating them twice already in the Tin Shack the Steelers are due some luck against us.

Not that I'm trying to be negative or anything. But the 8 point lead can look deceivingly big and things can change very quickly in this league.

Finny

To reinforce how crazy this league and how quickly it can change:

If we win our next five games and the one against Fife but lose twice against Sheffield and twice against Belfast, we might not win the league.
If we lose our next five games and the one against Fife but win the four games against Sheffield and Belfast in regulation we definitely win the league.

tim78

It's still a hard slog, we need 13 points from 10 games and it's a guaranteed win.
Based on 52 game league and Shef being the closest with 10 games to go, can only get 20points making it 79pts at max.

I'd be much happy to win the next 6 games to grab the league, though the run in will be mental as there are teams there fighting for a playoff spot.

Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils
Cardiff Devils v Coventry Blaze
Edinburgh Capitals v Cardiff Devils
Manchester Storm v Cardiff Devils
Cardiff Devils v Dundee Stars
Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils
Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils
Cardiff Devils v Fife Flyers
Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants
Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants

bdevil

To reinforce how crazy this league and how quickly it can change:

If we win our next five games and the one against Fife but lose twice against Sheffield and twice against Belfast, we might not win the league.
If we lose our next five games and the one against Fife but win the four games against Sheffield and Belfast in regulation we definitely win the league.
Not sure if the bottom line is true.
If we only win the 4 games you stated in regulation we'll be on 75 with 30 regulation wins.
If Sheffield win all but the 2 against us in regulation they'll be 75 with 32 regulation wins.

What last weekend's fantastic haul of 4 points ( and in regulation too) has done is create a bit of breathing space for the Devils whilst putting pressure on Giants and Steelers as they cannot afford to drop any more points !!
However, nothing ever goes as expected in this league and if you don't turn up with right attitude , you will get beat so let's just take it one game at a time starting with Panthers tonight !!

voth26

This happened last 2yrs guessing all the different permatations!!, easy way is game by game period by period. Steelers have a knack of going on a run, we have to continue playing with a big chip on our shoulder and an angry fire in our bellies and with the attitude of everyone is going to bust their balls to stop us. Long way to go till Todd says welcome on to the ice your team the EIHL 2017 league winning, challenge cup 2017 winning 2017 conference winners your CARDIFF DEVILS

Thread starter #17
PANIC OVER - Lewis & Winstanley have stepped up to the plate as have MNL's regular Panther texters Cheryl, Trev & Viv.

All systems go, join me at MNL from around 7pm as the DEVILS do battle in the Lace City for those vital 2 points