Mike Hedden ....

jenks33

Funny how we see things differently. Hedden frustrated the hell out of me. I appreciate his stats were decent enough but he just went through the motions in my opinion. Came to us on the back of 3 good seasons in the DEL and I expected more.
In fact I remember speaking to somebody who was part of that 18/19 season for us and they said they were a bit disappointed in him. There was a genuine belief in the camp that Hedden was going to get 30+ goals and be the league MVP. Didn’t come close though

Wannabe2

I purposely used to concentrate on Hedden at some games to see how good he was, or wasnt and he was pure class, watching his every move was a real eye opener, the man for me was spot on.

moggy#9

I purposely used to concentrate on Hedden at some games to see how good he was, or wasnt and he was pure class, watching his every move was a real eye opener, the man for me was spot on.
It's interesting you should say that because, back in the day, I remember having similar conversations about ken Hodge. A lot of people didn't see what he contributed because he wasn't flashy, but goodness he made the black line awesome to watch.

Wannabe2

-Players can contribute is so many ways, they don’t always have to be goals or assists, although he did register 62 pts from 59 games for us. 210 games in the AHL, 155 games in the DEL, that’s no bad resume. Anyway I liked the guy, and for me he was class. Stay Safe.

Gazr76

I agree. I t was kind of strange, because recently I was looking back at some stats and I came across season 18/19 and I was like 'wow, 4th best on points on the team that year, only 6 points behind Joey Martin'. Perhaps he was better than I remember? I did hear that there was some off ice stuff with him which meant that might have been why he didn't come back. Might have been worthless gossip. Who knows.

Wannabe2

It's interesting you should say that because, back in the day, I remember having similar conversations about ken Hodge. A lot of people didn't see what he contributed because he wasn't flashy, but goodness he made the black line awesome to watch.
Absolutely spot on, the same scenario, 2 guys who may have come across as pretty good, but in reality was pure, pure class. Very often we see things thru different eyes, and that’s a good thing, some like blondes, some like brunettes. Stay Safe.

ASHIPP

Far too skilled to retire.... and you have to take opportunities when they present themselves. An excellent player but I was left with the impression he never seemed to be happy here. A shame we did not see him for a second season.

Wannabe2

And yet he had 62 pts from 59 games, 6 points less than Joey Martin our hero in 1 game less. As I said, in my view Mike was pure class. Myself I would have loved to have seen him back, but hay ho their all replaceable. Stay Safe All.