Large arena banner/flag

Thread starter #1
Hi everybody. As we are the premier club in the UK and the club which sets the standard everybody follows (or at least tries to), I would like to share a proposal with you all.

I have for sometime been interested in getting a large 10Mx18M flag banner for the arena, the type that gets passed around the terrace above the fan's heads. This would make such a statement to the league and to our great club and would create a further heightened game night experience, we are the Red Army after all.

My take on it is something you would find on the Kop, and would create a cult status for our coach and his achievements last year.

Here is a quick mock-up I created and as I say it would be 35 feet x 60 feet.

Would there be any interest in fans wanting something like this and then share the cost in a very modest way depending on numbers.

Attachments

Pleximan

This is an excellent idea! It would look awesome in the Arena but I think it would need approval from Devils management, H&S etc but I think a great idea. We are the #1 club and this would really set the tone before home games......Lord's banner being passed around.

Thread starter #8
Not cheap I'm afraid, had a quote of £2000 but this is huge: 35 feet x 60 feet! If there was enough interest and this would be passed 360 degrees around the arena then it would be affordable!

ASHIPP

It's a great idea and certainly would make a statement. The Steelers' one looked good - is that used at their home games?
Thinking practically and honestly, however, there might be many people who might find it very annoying having a gigantic piece of cloth floating over their heads whilst they are trying to concentrate on the game !

Wannabe2

I can make enquiries on cost if you want, think Gareth Sutton a Devils fan might be interested in making it, I would gladly contribute to any great idea like this, after all we are the premier club in our league.

Agree that this would be great for the game night atmosphere, I'd be happy to contribute. The suggestion of crowdfunding it is a good one, might give more Devils fans than exist on here the opportunity to contribute?

Devil94

Great idea, I will contribute.

Need to ensure that it's the right size for the blocks. Too small and it would look silly, too large it will flap over the front and the back of the seats. Maybe ask if Todd and Lordo can spare an afternoon with a tape measurer... ;)