Injury woes

bb1

Thread starter #1
Anybody heard what the latest is with the team injuries? We could really do with Louis back in the line up esp after seeing Faryna and Batch leave the game Saturday night. Hope both are ok.

Temme

I was speaking with Faryna's partner yesterday and she said he has a seriously bad black eye, so is being rested as a precaution...

my instant thought was there was no way they'd scratch a player with a bad black eye, wear a cage and play on, she said it was "particularly badly bloodshot"...

i think he's picked up a second concussion (if i was guessing), in which case i wouldn't like to see him ice again this year purely for his health.

Fingers crossed it IS nothing though & he's healthy.

bb1

Thread starter #3
Yep and that's not good news.

Somebody in my block said there was a rumour flying around regarding us bringing in another power forward........

It may be exactly what it is...a rumour. Would be nice knowing we have another guy coming in as Lord can put all his attention on coaching without added stress of playing.

matbur

I know this was mentioned a few weeks back but it would be good for the club to give some more clarity on injuries. We're not some amateur team and whilst they don't want to give away too much a simple 'Upper body 2-3 weeks' would be suffice.

Temme

I think alot of people have heard the same rumour - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10245 Josh Gratton is the name banded about, but this may be just because it's public knowledge he's left his former club.

I don't think we need to sign anyone, being "pessimistic" (realistic), i can't see anyone challenging Nottingham for the title this year, they have signed incredibly well. We're running a full roster most weeks and other teams are dealing with injury in the same way that we are.

We will finish 2nd/3rd and signing one power forward (if it is Gratton then he looks a good player) won't change that.

However with Faryna out, possible one game or possibly end of season & Louis with an injury that nobody seems to know about, plus Batch - we are missing that nasty element.

Hotham got absolutely smoked last night by Hrynyk, who may not be the most skilled player but he's great fun to watch!

bb1

Thread starter #6
Yep. You summed it up in the 4th paragraph. A nasty element is what is needed but one who can play a bit to and contribute.

BostonBart22

Anybody heard what the latest is with the team injuries? We could really do with Louis back in the line up esp after seeing Faryna and Batch leave the game Saturday night. Hope both are ok.
plus we have an extra game in dec v guidford away in cup, think it works out 8 games in 15 days , so yes we need some players to get healthy ...

James

Administrator
Small injury update on DaiSport http://www.dai-sport.com/18789-2/

Mark Louis, Josh Batch and Justin Faryna are all close to fitness after injuries and at least one of them is likely to be ready for this weekend.
Craig Moore is still on crutches and won’t be playing again until the new year.

I really hope to see Craig Moore back next season - what an experience for a young man to score in the CHL what an experience, I hope they re-evaluate the under 23 rule hate to loose him, he's got a big future hopefully with the Devils.

I think alot of people have heard the same rumour - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10245 Josh Gratton is the name banded about, but this may be just because it's public knowledge he's left his former club.

I don't think we need to sign anyone, being "pessimistic" (realistic), i can't see anyone challenging Nottingham for the title this year, they have signed incredibly well. We're running a full roster most weeks and other teams are dealing with injury in the same way that we are.

We will finish 2nd/3rd and signing one power forward (if it is Gratton then he looks a good player) won't change that.

However with Faryna out, possible one game or possibly end of season & Louis with an injury that nobody seems to know about, plus Batch - we are missing that nasty element.

Hotham got absolutely smoked last night by Hrynyk, who may not be the most skilled player but he's great fun to watch!
I guess if the Panthers are going to win it all and it's December we should all stay home, the Devils should pack up and go home for the rest of the year and come back in August. No need to play the rest of the year . So tell me when the Devils have had a full roster this year ? Having fill in's like Piggy etc doesn't mean a full roster . They've had more injuries this year than last year and the year before that . Can signing a player at this point put the Devils over the top ? We don't know and neither do you. Maybe if and it's a big if, the Devils decide to bring in a new player, that player can make big difference and I suspect if they were to bring in a player at this point, it will be a player that does make an impact, not a player to fill a spot . To say bringing one power forward " won't change that" is irresponsible . Do you know something we don't ? Any evidence to suggest that it won't help, if it happens ?