Feedback to Greenbank

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/ice-arena-wales-want-your-feedback/

The Devils have posted a feedback form on their site for Greenbank. This is our chance as fans to make a difference and help the club out. Greenbank, whilst having a lot of experience with development, don't have any experience with running an icerink. IAW staff are on the ball and working hard to make the arena work as well as possible but can only act on what Greenbank let them. I'd urge all fans to print and fill out the form on the Devils site and help make the arena a better place for us all.

Do be positive and constructive. If you are suggesting changes, illustrate how it will help them and rink users. No one likes to be told what they are doing is crap, but I'm sure they will take good advice on board.
One area we can probably push strongly is the Devils branding throughout the Arena. Greenbank don't understand how hockey clubs and rinks work in synergy hence why there is no sign of the Devils in the bar or on the outside of the building. Maybe suggest some memorabilia in the bar, trophy case, photos etc would help make the place less sterile without harming the appeal of the venue for other users. (who would expect it to be there anyway). Maybe suggest that just having a sign saying IAW outside the arena and nothing else does nothing to advertise the arena or what it is. A big devils logo would be great but just letting people know there is an ice rink there seems a bit of no brainer. Things like food and sorting the queues are being handled by IAW staff but these bigger issues need to be agreed by Greenbank. Post a feedback form. Post 2. Get your mates to fill them out and stand over them till they do. It's something we can help with so lets mobalize the red army.

mazza03

The bar should be named something hockey with as the above post says memorabilia inside and out, on a more practical level can we please have more bins? especially in the ladies toilet (and mens) this would help alleviate the amount of rubbish lest lying around (I take mine home)

Russky

Hand rails on the stairs (between blocks) around the arena would be most helpful. Whilst I understand it could be expensive, surely the safety and comfort of the fans must be of paramount importance.

I understand Greenbank have no experience of running an ice rink, but surely the Directors of Greenbank have some business sense, as in, if you don't know how to run the business employ someone who does or at the very least listen to the Devils management. If they haven't spoken to Todd or listened l fail to see what feed back would encourage any changes. It maybe worth feedback to Greenbank on some recruitment consultants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bazza

Don't just post them on here - fill in your forms!!!!!!

There are staff at IAW who want to make improvements but the feedback from the customers will really help them....

Bazza

I understand Greenbank have no experience of running an ice rink, but surely the Directors of Greenbank have some business sense, as in, if you don't know how to run the business employ someone who does or at the very least listen to the Devils management. If they haven't spoken to Todd or listened l fail to see what feed back would encourage any changes. It maybe worth feedback to Greenbank on some recruitment consultants.

They are the ones asking for the input/feedback Josh. Won't hurt to try....

matbur

Sorry in advance for the negative stance to this but re: this feedback letter...

I will print and post one off but firstly, if we're being honest, the fact they don't even make the form electronic shows they are not taking feedback particularly seriously.

This is a general questionnaire for everyone who visits the building, surely a form bespoke around the needs/demands of the 3,000 hockey fans going each weekend should've been created. The largest number of visitors on Devils weekends are essentially going for matchday experience not free skating sessions or coaching clubs.

I do appreciate that the Fan Council is trying and thank them for that. They have to start somewhere and although there's now dialogue I have very little confidence the arena management will take this seriously.

august04

It's all well and good filling in our feedback forms (and mine has been returned) but do Greenbank have the dosh to do anything about any issues that are raised? If not, what's the point?!

Bazza

It's all well and good filling in our feedback forms (and mine has been returned) but do Greenbank have the dosh to do anything about any issues that are raised? If not, what's the point?!
My understanding is they have a few pennies behind them still.....

My understanding is they have a few pennies behind them still.....
Go to Companies House and get the accounts. Not just the IAW but Greenbank.

It's very enlightening reading comments made by businesses, particularly ones who promote the "not in it for the money" line.