Elite league fines

august04

Welshy74

I would change it slightly so instead of a money penalty change it to a match penalty to the player/coach in question and have a totting up number for players if they keep picking up abuse of official penalties. E.g 3 abuse misconduct a 1 match ban, repeat offenders it goes up but would have it stricter for coaches as they are supposed to be in charge of their team.

Gazza272

I believe our fines relate to the Fife DOPS issue that was issued via different mediums and made different points, thus incurring two fines.

Electro

What's the point, I mean come on, weekend profit revenues are in the tens of thousands of £'s and a stick costs more than 100 quid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kal

They can't both be for the fife dops issue because they'd both be for Todd which would have meant a £1100 fine. Unless one was a todd fine and the other a organisation fine.

Finny

The only other controversial thing we've tweeted was Hotham's. But that was about Manchester not DOPS.

I'm shocked that ours is £200 and Sheffield's only £300.
Sheffield must have had around £1000s worth this week alone!

This winds me up, I dont care about all the politics of this but here we are.

I listened to the podcast and from what I gather one problem is we have "Part Time Officials" okay I and all of you pay good money for hockey so they SHOULD be on full time wages. If you cant afford it then the league is not sustainable.

Whats happening at the moment is that they are trying to make money from a product that is not up to scratch as they are "Part Time Officals" leagues words not my own. You need to invest in your product so that it can keep up. If your making a loss after this then I dont care like I said I pay for the game and turn up and watch.

I dont have the answers but silencing the coaches/teams who part own the league who obviously have a problem of how the league is run and its officals something needs to be done not just everybody shut up and get on with it because MUGS yes I feel like a mug at the moment will keep paying to come watch the game in its current form, ultimately its us who will determine if things get changed drastically but not turning up in numbers for games but this is something I would not be willing to do as I love the Devils and love Hockey.

I hope I have made a little bit of sense....

KaneDevils

Something needed to be done, and it has been. Unfortunately, you need a bigger deterrent. A small fine isn't enough.
We've seen, or heard, professionals insinuating that fellow pros and officials alike, have been cheating.
That's some accusation.

Bench bans, player suspensions, even the threat of point deduction, a £200 fine simply doesn't fit the crime.

Earnie

We can blame two senior coaches for this embarrassing shambles.
Paul Thompson, Cory Neilson (and Mc Gratten of course)

I guess it doesn't stop fans expressing their views!

terry hunt

How has Finnerty managed to get off with this.He started this issue and has allegedly been contacting other coaches criticising Cardiff.His disciplinary track record is appalling.I take this as a cynical joke put out by Thommo and Simms boss.He doesnt own Braehead by any chance does he.
This does not address the issue of the attack on a female judge.
Where is Jessica Ennis Hill isnt she a feminist champion in sport and isnt she from Sheffield?Where is the campaign to sack Thommo for his sexist abuse.
The Steelers camp must be laughing up their sleeves.

Devil_Abroad

Those fines are under the old system. The new system starts now. Also, 3rd occurrence will be £10k, still too low Electro?

Not sure Todd did or said anything against DOPS other than stating how it works in response to Fife. He did have a go in his latest interview so that would be one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaz G

So to clarify....Tony Smith is the person who decides what is acceptable or unacceptable etc?

If that is the case and a club were fined 10k, I don't see how that could actually be enforceable. Surely any club could simply say that he was issuing the fine to benefit the team he owns?

Electro

Those fines are under the old system. The new system starts now. Also, 3rd occurrence will be £10k, still too low Electro?

Not sure Todd did or said anything against DOPS other than stating how it works in response to Fife. He did have a go in his latest interview so that would be one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, you should first implement a culture that isn't from the good old days. This is the 21st century.

3 strikes and your fined 10k is pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Not too sure that any fine from £1k upwards is pathetic

These are fines on individuals who are not on NHL wages. Whether they might be compensated by their club is another issue and to make it truly effective maybe this need to be specifically prohibited - just in case.

I don't think that fines in isolation are enough. They surely should be linked to suspensions which would hurt clubs - probably more than fines

Gospel

The league only have themselves to blame for this mess.

They have been insistant that the officials are getting training in the off season & that they are improving, seems the majority think they arent. Now the league says they will do whats needed. Bit late after the horse has bolted.

Give the officials the help they need during a game. Replays, video technology & let them use it. If a team doesnt get the necessary techology then penalise them.

Have openness instead of all the cloak & dagger rubbish. Allow easy access to the rule book that EIHL use instead of saying it follows whatever guidelines, when DOPs are reviewing an incident make it clear what it is from the start dont leave people guessing, if fines are going to be imposed state for what incident. These are basic communication issues.

If theres more openness there will be clear understandings.

terry hunt

There appears to be an attempt to side track the central issue of abuse of officials and allegations of misconduct by the Cardiff Devils orgtanisation.What the hell has training to do with these incidents unless we are talking about sending Thommo,Finnerty and Neilson for Anger Management therapy.Are people seriously suggesting the insulting,patronising idea of "send her a bunch of flowers" is a reflection of what Cardiff men think like.If any one thinks that it is acceptable to bully a female employee who hasnt the power to fight back like has happened you need to get into the 21st century.What if this was your wife,mother or daughter?