Devils v Storm - Sat 1 Apr 2017 - Championships 1/4 F - 1st leg - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

IT'S PLAYOFF TIME

The DEVILS begin their quest for their 4th trophy and that incredible GRAND SLAM but taking on the Storm in the home leg of the quater finals.

If you are not at the game you will have to rely on the dependable MNL as we will be running the "ridiculously childish" and "disgustingly biased" Match Night Live service for this game, all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com and we are happy to list all well the preinatble ones anyway.

If you can get a signal at the IAW let us know hows it going by texting the MNL line on 07527 625206.

voth26

This is going to be another tough game as always against the storm, but we should have enough over the 2 legs??. We need to play hard physical hockey with high fore checking and patience but take our chances when they come as storm have a good nettie. I don't care if we win 1-0 or 10-0 over both legs as long as we win, I think we need to forget the talk of a fourth trophy and concentrate on this weekend first to make sure we get to POWF

ASHIPP

Storm are experts at trap hockey systems away from home and have made Storm Shelter a virtual fortress this season so Manchester cannot be underestimated at all. Two difficult games this weekend for the Devils. Hope our Guys approach it as they would any other crucial 'must-win' fixtures to qualify for the next round - play physical and smart, make every chance count.

Pondlife

Only 23 tix left and the only block with 2 or 3 together is Block 12 (away block)

There's none in Block 9 as I've nabbed the last one.

James

Administrator
I seem to remember the problem with Rhino jerseys is if you aren't familiar with the cut the sizing is all to whack so you can order what you think is the correct sizes and they are only good for the junior team. Also they are owned by Tony Smith which makes them tainted. Remember the year we had rhino jerseys and they got printed backwards. Bad times.

E.D.S.

I seem to remember the problem with Rhino jerseys is if you aren't familiar with the cut the sizing is all to whack so you can order what you think is the correct sizes and they are only good for the junior team. Also they are owned by Tony Smith which makes them tainted. Remember the year we had rhino jerseys and they got printed backwards. Bad times.
Didn't the players complain about the water retention (sweat) making the jerseys minging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ocko

Absolutely correct. I run the Royal Navy and Marines team and we once used Rhino for some short notice tour jerseys - they are a nightmare in their sizing and cut. A XL from CH Sports (the average size hockey jersey) is something like a XXXL or even a XXXXL. It's just ridiculous. And the cut is awful, they're basically all a slim fit, which with padding is very restrictive.

Also add in the fact they get the printing wrong in about 1 in 4 jerseys, missing off bits of logos and colours. They are just a really bad company to use.

If we do wear them and the EIHL auction them off, save yourself the money. They are nasty.

Rob Batch

Very excited about these 2 games, as we all know that anything can happen. I think there is a different expectation this year which could be an added pressure, but with confidence so high the winning mentality should shine through. Cum on u Devils !!