Devils v Steelers - Double header thread - CC & League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Saturday see us take on the Steelers in Challenge Cup action We really could do with a win to try and help our qualification hopes... Sunday we're in league action against the same team, but up in the house of tin :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for both of these games - as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions! All at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl :D

For Saturdays game, IceTime.TV will be running a webcast, all the details can be found at www.icetime.tv and they can be contacted on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/IceTimeTV

And for Sundays game, Steelers TV will be covering the game (and it's usually a pretty good webcast) from https://sheffieldsteelers.tv/ - they can be contacted on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/steelerstvlive

SteveKing

Almost embarrassing how excited I am to come to this game. First time in the new rink for a game, Devils fans Redding out the Rink, putting the boots to those IceTimeTV guys in Zorb football and most importantly, taking two important points against the team that I hate the most. Flight leaves in 8 hours but my mind left a week ago.

Let's Go Devils

Looking forward to visiting the new rink.
Prefer the games against the devils more than the panties.
Really like the hate from you devils towards the steelers.
But there again we are the biggest & best ice hockey team in the UK;-)

Wannabe2

Almost embarrassing how excited I am to come to this game. First time in the new rink for a game, Devils fans Redding out the Rink, putting the boots to those IceTimeTV guys in Zorb football and most importantly, taking two important points against the team that I hate the most. Flight leaves in 8 hours but my mind left a week ago.

Let's Go Devils
Safe journey Guvnor, weather pretty neat in Cardiff it's going to be a big weekend for sure. Huge test for the lads, if we play like we can we will be as sound as a pound. Time to put the pretenders in their place, both Saturday and Sunday.

zoesdevil

Let's Go Devils
Safe travels to you Steve & gang!!

Second consecutive sell out, that said my other team the Utica Coments (AHL) will register their 56th consecutive sell out when they play the Binghamron Senators on 26 October

Russky

It should be a real barn burner of a game. Wish I could be there but hosting MNL. IS the next best thing.

Last edited:

Vartel

looks to be a new inflatable devil is on the ice for the Devils to skate onto the ice through, like the Giant head in Belfast.

Looking nice and red at the rink (from the ice time stream anyway)

jenks33

Another frustrating one. Comfortably second best tonight and the scoreline looked like getting really ugly at 5-2. Fair play to the boys though we finished strongly and I thought Martin was going to make it 5-5 at the death. Biggest concerns for me are -
- Bownsy. Not a massive concern because he will come good but he isn't quite at the same level as last year at the moment. I think he looks quite shaky on the puck. When he goes behind the net to retrieve the puck I think his decision making is a bit dodgy at the moment. And he will want a couple of goals back tonight
-Defence - For me when you look at our defence on paper they look brilliant, but as a unit they're just not convincing at the moment. In the first 2 minutes tonight we gave up a 1on 1 and a 2 on 1. I sometimes think our D don't love defending enough. I don't think Richie and Batch are at their best at the moment but again they'll come good
- Attack - the obvious concern up from is Doucet. You definitely can't fault his effort but he isn't here for his graft, he's here to score goals. Including pre season we're about 18 games in and he doesn't look like turning the corner anytime soon. Ulmer worries me a bit as well. I know he scored tonight but he goes missing a bit too often for me

Impressed with the way we stuck at it tonight. Some teams would have lost that 7-2 when they made it 5-2 but we fought back well. At no point in that match tho did I think we were on top. I thought we were lucky to go in 1-1 after the first period

Gospel

Wow.

As good as Steelers were we seemed to roll over & asked for our tummys to be tickled. I cant recall the last time that that happened.

Again no plan B until the last 2mins when all was pretty much lost. Where was the finishing of the checks? Where was the dirty gritty play when needed? I feel some tough decisions will need to be made pretty soon.

When is Lord going to stop messing with the lines he did it all last season and is still doing it they need to get settled sooner rather than later if we are going to start winning again

august04

Well, we blew it again in front of another full house. If we don't buck our ideas up at home, we won't have to worry about our performances in a sold out arena much longer. In reality the scoreline flattered the Devils with those two late goals. It was a pretty comfortable win for the Steelers, credit to them, they played well. We were second best all over the ice tonight, out played, out coached, out thought, out fought. I can handle losing to a better team but they looked hungrier than us tonight, which is incredible really given the respective positions in the Challenge Cup standings. As a previous poster mentioned, goaltending is a bit of a concern. We're coming up against teams with better goaltending far too often. It's time to give Murdy some more minutes, give Bowns a break. Too many defensive lapses again, and too many forwards off their game. I'm just not getting a good feeling from the much vaunted Ulmer - Bentivoglio partnership and Doucet is clearly struggling (couldn't fault his effort tonight though). I'm afraid we're not living up to hype, hugely disappointing.