Devils v Panthers - Sat 28 Jan 2017 - FO 7pm - Comments/Updates

Thread starter #1

With the game a sellout a week before the event your choice is limited to he 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service , which as normall will call the game based on what our band of texters report, all this at t the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

Alternatively IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

ASHIPP

Williams, Lawrence and Clarke look ruled out for this game. Don't know what Devils' injury situation is.

Panthers have lost all their games since returning from Continental Cup tournament 2 weeks ago. BUT, they have Devils' number well and truly this season and you just KNOW they are going to get their act together for this game.

Their fans predicting another Panthers' win here - afraid, based on head-to-head performances, they are probably right. :(

James

Administrator
Sounds like Panthers were totally exhausted during their midweek game vs the Steelers. If there is a time to beat them, this is the game.

voth26

2 points from this keeps us in the hunt anything less will sadly possibly define it. But I'm positive the guys will get the panthers monkey of their backs and kick on to Sunday night looking for another 2 points to make it a well earned 4pointer of a weekend

Sorry if it's the wrong thread but us nottm lot have 1 spare ticket in the devils block (probablythe one next to ours. I've posted on Cardiff devils FB but if anyone would like to join us let me know or contact Shelly Belcher on FB. Thank you.

Would be nice to get a solid win tonight, Nottingham haven't stopped since they come back from Europe, 2 games last weekend and a midweek against Sheffield.

With them looking to be a few players down I'd like to see us get stuck into them from the start but not just for the first shift then leave it, for the whole game. Get all 4 lines rolling regularly and just relentlessly wear them down

Rob Batch

What are we going to do different tonight? Our recent encounters with the Panthers have highlighted our weaknesses (right spelling?). I assume Lordo and Jamie have a plan, let's hope it works ! We need to beat them tonight, payback is due !! Cum on U Devils !!!!

Last edited:

Vartel

Well that was a very good game!

I imagine that will shut up a lot of the complainers. Lord adapted, benched one of the best players, and completely dominated a team which has only dominated us at home so far this season

jenks33

Great win. As the guys said on commentary that's the closest to a 60 minute performance we've seen all season. Certainly defensively. Apart from a couple of sloppy give aways in the third I thought we were very solid at the back

Wannabe2

Well played lads, everyone of you, great game to watch, great game to see just how good this team really is. The fans needed that tonight, and by god they got it, awesome shut out for Bownsy, and a plus with Steelers getting trounced.

ASHIPP

Wow - that is a fantastic result. Saw the real Cardiff Devils tonight, the team that was playing like that back in October and November. A great total team effort.

Chasing everything down, relentless hassling, winning the board battles, recycling the puck so quickly. And playing with freedom and confidence that has been sorely missing recently.

Keep this confident, tight, uncomplicated style going for the full 60 minutes and the Devils will be difficult to play against.