Devils Vs Giants - 11 Nov 18 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
index.jpg
Devils 'welcome' the Giants back to the Bay Sunday night. Currently they sit top of the league, but they've yet to play us.

hip check

If we don't step it up a bit it could be a difficult night, hope we don't get hit after hit from them as we don't have the armoury to reply in kind, hope our speed and skill will see us through.
Come on you Devils!

Mooney#16

The prime reason Devils have been successful the last two years is winning the head to head series and conference. It is mighty important Devils don’t drop points to league contenders at home. If ever there was a game to bring CHL style of play into its this one. Relentless hard work and battle and try and bare down on the chances when they come. Playing up to potential is the key for Devils not if Giants are any good or not.

Hedd Wyn John

This a huge game, if we can pull off a win here it sends out a huge message to rivals. ‘We’ve had a poor run but we’re back in business!’

hip check

The way we started off the season in the CHL I would've expected a positive result from this game, I've got my doubts now as we seem to be struggling for form atm.
I've got faith that this blip is just that a blip and the class we have in this team will surface again sooner than later..whether that will be this evening remains to be seen.

Devils86

As expected a physical game where the officials are letting stuff play out.

Puck bobbling, little deflections adding up to disjointed play across the ice. That said sometimes the simple stuff like passing to the correct side for a potential slap are going astray.

We look like a side that need a few days away from matches and spending some more time practicing.

Devils86

Devils constantly on the PK due to some awful officiating.

That said, obviously Giants have done homework on us - they know every move and are one step ahead.

4-1 and at this rate, that’s that.

What the hell is going on? How can we be the absolute dominance that we were and now every team is owning us? One player has left but been replaced. Answers please Devils organisation. Had enough of this fall now.

mjh

Sadly this was coming. Giants have been on fire recently and we’ve been poor. Looking forward to a turn around hopefully over next week. I’m sure we’ll get our mojo back!

1st period.. abysmal, 2nd period, a bit better, I'm sat here typing on the third period where , the way I see it, we are playing hard too little too late.. I think, regardless of the outcome aside, we have just been watching the elite league champions. Giants are just quick, clean and very defencive. The way I see it (and I'm sure other posters will disagree and shoot me down because I'm not allowed to be negative and always look on the bright side, and yes, I know one game does not make the season ) we are just a dog toy. There is heart and skill on the team, but I just want to see it from everyone!

Looks like we have written this off. Left scratching my head, how do you go from coasting against teams to suddenly seeming lost as to know what to do? Maybe injuries that are being covered up (as sholud be) but we've got work on our hands to get out of this. Confident that we can but think we need reinforcements urgently.

This isn’t right. We were unstoppable almost a few weeks ago. Now we’re shipping goals like no tomorrow. Something’s happened, unrest in the team somewhere? I don’t know but this is an embarrassment to the Devils as an organisation. Yes, Sheffield have had a fall from grace but we are supposed double champs and are getting hammered every game all of a sudden.
Hate to point it but come on lordo, got to sort it out. A loss is bad but a hammering at home isn’t right as ‘champs’.

Devils86

Well that was awful. I’m not sure how many times we managed to complete 4 or 5 consecutive clean passes. Every time we were behind our own net we were in trouble and there was none of the zip/chemistry that was so evident at the start of the season.

So many scuffled passes - the Morisette attempt to be clever and lift the puck when 1-on-1, only to mess it up and for them to go up the other end and score...was a great example of our night.

Not helped by IMO some bad officiating - but even if the game had been called cleanly we wouldn’t have got anything out of it.

Giants were quick and physical but they were also clinical and direct. They are riding high on confidence and we had none.

Thankfully it’s far to early for talk of titles etc but Giants were good and we need to get back to our early-season selves against Panthers next week - we need a few days for Lordo to work with them on everything.

Slartibartfast

Clinical passing, great forechecking, always first the the puck, great chemistry, solid D, best team I have seen in 28 years of watching. These are some of the things that that I have said about the Devils this season. So how did we go from that to what we saw tonight.
What really upsets me is not one embarrassing loss but the fact that we have been building up to this. The chemistry and communication has got worse with every game over the last month or so.
Credit to Belfast they looked like we did 2 months ago.
I have never felt so deflated after a game and I like to think that Im one of the more positive people on this forum so God knows how others are feeling after watching that.
Lordo please sort this out.

Gisland

This isn’t right. We were unstoppable almost a few weeks ago. Now we’re shipping goals like no tomorrow. Something’s happened, unrest in the team somewhere? I don’t know but this is an embarrassment to the Devils as an organisation. Yes, Sheffield have had a fall from grace but we are supposed double champs and are getting hammered every game all of a sudden.
Hate to point it but come on lordo, got to sort it out. A loss is bad but a hammering at home isn’t right as ‘champs’.
Think this is the important part of your post..You once were but at this time in point, other teams may have just worked the Devils out..Lord is a good coach that will get the Devis over this slump..This is his team and he obviously knows how to get the best out of them ( as at the start of the season showed ) and he will know what needs to be changed. I am sure there are plenty of days ahead for more posts that contain the words, Devils and unstoppable.