Clan v Devils - 19/10 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

There's no webcast available for this game unfortunately, mainly because the Clan don't believe in them...

We'll *hopefully* be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

We're absolutely desperate for some Devils fans who might be making their way up to this one; so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Here's a Clan team who have turned the corner since making changes. 3 wins on the trot.

It's going to require simple,disciplined gritty hockey to get a result in their place. They were very physical against a short-benched Flyers team. Lots of penalties in those two games including two players ejected.

Our guys will need to clear the zone quickly, and give Murdy plenty of support.

Will be interesting to see if the last game has seen a passing of the hostilities between these two teams or whether there is still some carry over. Have just caught up with the Fife-Clan game highlights and there were at least 5 scrums after the whistle and Rosehill was back to throwing his weight around, especially with one incident of a check to the head whilst the player was on the ice. Lordo seemed to get his side of the story out there and hoped we can move on. Here's hoping that we can have a nice, clean, hard hitting game of hockey with no nonsense.

I can confirm that there will be full MNL coverage of this game thanks to a couple of our regular texters making the trip up north. In addition I am waiting confirmation that the Clan fans who have helped us out in the past are also available.

So join me from around 7pm on Wednesday night

ASHIPP

Where would Devils' fans be without this fantastic service for away games. Thanks Notty and the volunteer texters.

voth26

The clan are definitely physical after watching the fife game, plenty cheap shots. Hendo involved as usual. They appear to have turned the corner win wise as well. We will definitely need our A game and be very disciplined and patient taking our chances as and when we create them. 2 points would be huge

august04

The clan are definitely physical after watching the fife game, plenty cheap shots. Hendo involved as usual. They appear to have turned the corner win wise as well. We will definitely need our A game and be very disciplined and patient taking our chances as and when we create them. 2 points would be huge
DOPS are reviewing Rosehill, so he may not be playing tomorrow.

august04

Both Rosehill and Boyd's incidents were nasty - Rosehill looking at a minimum of a 2-3 game ban for me.You never know with DOPS though. Morrissette being reviewed too.

Does any one have any idea if there are plan's for a webcast service in Braehead, Nottingham and Manchester?

Last edited:

James

Administrator
Braehead and Nottingham no. Their owner is a Luddite and sure they will lose money as people flock to watch it online. I think Manchester is more a case of infrastructure than lack of desire. I'm sure they will eventually

A tweet from earlier in the season from Manchester said that they currently don't run one but plan to run one soon.

As for the reviews with DOPS I can't see Rosehill getting away with that one. Hotham I think got a 2 match ban for a lesser incident against clan last year. It will be interesting to see what Boyd gets. How many matches did Noble get 2 years ago for Slew footing Hudson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonesy83

I'd imagine Rosehill will get a ban.

He did appear to lose it after he was hit on the back of the calf by the fife goalie, whether he thought it was the player he put on the floor who knows, but it was a very nasty cheap shot

terry hunt

I watched the full highlights of this game.The initial clip of Rosehill looked really bad hitting the guy on the floor.
The curious thing in this game is how the Fife goalie got away with the things he did he seems a nasty piece of work.

KaneDevils

I watched the full highlights of this game.The initial clip of Rosehill looked really bad hitting the guy on the floor.
The curious thing in this game is how the Fife goalie got away with the things he did he seems a nasty piece of work.
I'd say more a coward. Gets his mate a few extra whacks and does nothing in retaliation to protect him. If that was my team mate getting that treatment I'd be on rosehill like a cat on a kipper. Whatever his reputation may be.

Mooney#16

Whilst Rosehills is bad and he's looking at a ban for what looks like two cross checks to the head. One whilst the player was down and no way to defend himself I get that sometimes the red mist comes down and you carry the can for that.

The guy I'd like to see have the book thrown at him though is Boyd. That play was absolute filth and the move of a player who simply couldn't compete. Its a potential leg breaker and head injury waiting to happen and one of the cheapest moves in hockey. If he doesn't sit five games I'd like to see some one educate the little fud on the hockey code. Play like that and someone will spear you right in the pearly whites.

rosehill free to play tonight, boyd banned 2 games, and morrisette free to play , agree on last 2 but rosehill wtf.
Fife didn't ask for the review of the incident before the deadline. Apparently they did request another review which I would expect to be this one but after the deadline. I don't know if that means he gets away with it or if it gets reviewed next week. Knowing what DOPS is like I would think he gets away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk