Cardiff Devils v Sheffield Steelers - Sat 16 Dec 2017 - L:eague - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

TIME TO PRESS ON AND SHOW WE MEAN BUSINESS

The DEVILS arch enemy are coming to the IAW
so lets give them Xmas present they will not forget in a hurry

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devil94

This will be a fantastic win if we can get it. Sheffield will come out absolutely flying after Thommo's whinge at the weekend. Hopefully we can carry on our energy and forecheck from Saturday on to this game. Sheffield will have had a tough week training this week, as well as a game tonight in Dundee, so you would think we would have the legs, especially after not playing last Sunday.

Wannabe2

Hope we come out banging, we need to put this team to the sword, we need to play our game, and not theirs. So looking forward to this match, come on lads let's knock these pretenders around like ten pins. On our day they can't live with us, let's do this. Come on you Devils.

matbur

Really looking forward to tonight!

Hopefully we can get on the front foot early on and turn in a full performance across all three periods.

I fancy us to win this.

ASHIPP

Hope our Guys detest the Orange as much as the Devils'fans do. Hopefully that on its own should be a massive motivator for Devils to get the good result they want.

They are going to have to work really really hard but getting points would be a massive confidence boost....and statement in the league battle.

BostonBart22

all the hype is all about fitzy now,,lets show the so called warrior that no devils player will back off him, first chance of a hit on him wether it be head , face, back , or bollocks, just show him he cant rule the roost at IAW..

Rob Batch

These are the games that really mean things, a proper rivalry. I sincerely hope we caress their bottoms (Kick their ARSE) !!

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Brilliant performance. Great O zone cycling and sharp around the net using several waves to beat the talented Moose. Great defensive play when Steelers cranked it up a notch. Great forechecking and backchecking. They just did everything right tonight. This team is finding their form just at the right time.

Wannabe2

Well played lads, tonight you showed us how good you certainly can be. Are Steelers the team they used to be, answer no way, but tonight we never let them get into any rhythm whatsoever. We were clinical, we played as a team, Faryna coming back and saying guys I am back, our top scorer, showing he can also be a enforcer, and all the other guys playing for the shirt, and for our unbelievable club. Bownsy is totally on fire, he is like Fort Knox at the moment for safety. Again a huge crowd were treated to the best ticket in town, and again we are where we should be, looking down on the other lot. Same tomorrow please, forget the English, forget the Scots, forget the Paddys, we are the guys from Gods Country, and it shows, when you are from the promised land things can only be good.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS,

ASHIPP

Thompson will know his team were outplayed and out thought in all departments tonight. Steelers could not break down strong defensive systems from the Devils tonight. Some brilliant flashes of skill from some of their individual players but, in the end, their guys ended up nowhere or lost the puck....or were kept to the outside. Mustokovs didn't have the best game - he knew he'd messed up on 2 of those goals.

Tonight we saw a complete Devils' performance - mostly good passing, relentless forechecking, fast recycling, smart plays. More than that...they were playing like they were enjoying it, with confidence and supporting eachother.What a wonderful return to the ice for Justin Faryna....goals,assists, I was waiting for his Gordie Howe!

So hard to believe this is the same team that blew a 5-1 lead against Fife last month. So many lessons learnt about mental strength and closing out games.
And Lordo should feel confidence that he can lead as head coach from the bench in these big games if he wants.

His players have found some mojo and their collective head is in the right place at the right time. But stay grounded - focus one game at a time.

A really well earned 2 points.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
A very complete performance against a lacklustre Steelers side who looked like they’d rather be somewhere else. Always happy to get a W over them but I’d rather see the opposition try than stand around looking like traffic cones. Not to take anything away from the Devils who worked well for the win. Good game by the ref too. He didn’t call some I thought perhaps he should but I’d rather that to Darnell whistling every opportunity.

Devil94

Awesome to get the win over them, that will never get boring. A completely dominant performance, and I felt we had a few more gears left to go up in the 2nd and 3rd if they were needed.

Looks like Thommo has got his recruitment badly wrong this year. 1 win in 10 in the conference, that would even be embarrassing for Edinburgh if they were in our conference. Not that I care one bit of course.