Big ern..

Thread starter #1
I have just listened to a 20minute interview with Brian mcgrattan about a range of things mainly fighting of course.

Some of the stories he tells are unreal and very interesting especially when he was a rookie and got told what to do by Zdeno chara lol!!

Please listen to the interview it is definitely worth it..

The link was on Twitter. I think the site was called sportnet.ca

Samael

I have nothing but respect for McGratten for the job he does on the Ice and the battles he's fought off it. I really hope they look after him and his family in Nottingham and he sticks around in the EIHL for more than one season, he'll make a great mentor to aspiring young players because of his charisma. Still wouldnt trade him for Bordy but big Ern is definitely a showman and I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays over here.

Have Hope#35

I have nothing but respect for McGratten for the job he does on the Ice and the battles he's fought off it. I really hope they look after him and his family in Nottingham and he sticks around in the EIHL for more than one season, he'll make a great mentor to aspiring young players because of his charisma. Still wouldnt trade him for Bordy but big Ern is definitely a showman and I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays over here.
He's on a 2yr deal so as long as nothing else comes up and he's happy with Nottinham then we'll see him for a while!

voth26

do you think they will have a tilt naturally when we play panthers next, or will it be some pantomime set up. I know they have history but not sure if its because they dislike each other any one know how they get on?? I know bordy has said he doesn't do fights straight from a face off

Thread starter #5
:he says ahl is a very tough league which u could only do if u are young not at his age.

:Nottingham he has signed there for two years as his girlfriend has family in Liverpool.

:he thinks that fighting will be gone in a few years. He says he can't lay a hit hese days as he gets penalised by a panel of people who have never played the game and it's stupid.

:rookies these days you can't talk to them or play jokes as they cry and call there agent if they feel uncomfortable.

There's a lot more too very interesting

The last thing I want to see is Hockey players acting like footballers! The moment I see players thinking their bigger than the club, not wanting to play for the coach, trying to cheat referees and generally acting like spoiled kids then I'm off. Hopefully we're a long long way off that