8 of the 10 imports will be here!

I'm not so sure it is excellent news.

Considering how early we got all of our players signed I'm confused as to why they aren't all here on time, training together and ready to play with a full team for the friendly.

Are all of the other teams in the league missing players too?

I'm sure other players will be late in. Steelers havent got Bolibruck in yet I dont think, I dont think it will effect us much as long as evenyone is in by next weekend. Max knows his way around and knows everyone and Michel is a 3rd liner and I am sure he can fit in quickly.

Rempel16

Lid said:

Considering how early we got all of our players signed I'm confused as to why they aren't all here on time, training together and ready to play with a full team for the friendly.

Coventry are all in, Bolibruck missing for the Steelers, I think Panthers have just Galbraith left to come in. Hull played against the Scimitars last night with everyone but Kalmikov and Newcastle are waiting on Kindle, Marhle and Domish. Apparently Marhle doesn't fly in until after they play us due to wedding commitments, so at least we won't be too understrenghted if Max and Tylor don't arrive by then

Rempel16 said:
Lid said:

Coventry are all in, Bolibruck missing for the Steelers, I think Panthers have just Galbraith left to come in. Hull played against the Scimitars last night with everyone but Kalmikov and Newcastle are waiting on Kindle, Marhle and Domish. Apparently Marhle doesn't fly in until after they play us due to wedding commitments, so at least we won't be too understrenghted if Max and Tylor don't arrive by then
Just an update, Bolibruck has arrived and will play this Saturday.

http://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/news ... le_id=3248

ASHIPP

This is definitely much more encouraging than 2 days ago! I am still suprised, though, if Max is still waiting for his visa? I can understand with Tylor because he was literally only signed 3 weeks ago.
Most of the teams look to have received a majority of their players by now - it's so frustrating that our Guys didn't have those few extra days to train and practice.
One or two line changes for the Coventry games then (with Max and Tylor missing) and Franny might even lace up too! :)

well at least it looks like all our D will be in in time!!

so i gather we would look like this ??

lyle

hartwick
jarvis
smith
miller
davies??

romfo
richardson
voth
latulippe
hill

stone
with rotateing D man
adams
towe
hayes??

Rempel16

IF its just those two missing I would imagine we'll line up like:

Lyle

Romfo Jarvis
Hartwick Richardson
Stone

Miller Smith Davies
Voth Latulippe Hill
Hayes Towe Adams

TheStub

ASHIPP said:
This is definitely much more encouraging than 2 days ago! I am still suprised, though, if Max is still waiting for his visa? I can understand with Tylor because he was literally only signed 3 weeks ago.
Most of the teams look to have received a majority of their players by now - it's so frustrating that our Guys didn't have those few extra days to train and practice.
One or two line changes for the Coventry games then (with Max and Tylor missing) and Franny might even lace up too! :)
I wonder if the mix up was with Max's visa. Not sure what his status is, but perhaps he needed a new work permit, but had permission to remain without working - then a 'oh crap' moment when they realised they hadn't applied for him?

Max is probably the most complicated to sort out. I believe he has an Israeli passport and will be coming back into the U.K. via Canada, Wales, Germany, Kahzakstan, Wales, Canada etc. I would imagine his visa is a nightmare for all concerned. The club may have started the process months ago, immigration will go at their own speed regardless of 1500 or so hockey fans transformed into dribbling messes. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though.

Gingers Husband said:
Max is probably the most complicated to sort out. I believe he has an Israeli passport and will be coming back into the U.K. via Canada, Wales, Germany, Kahzakstan, Wales, Canada etc. I would imagine his visa is a nightmare for all concerned. The club may have started the process months ago, immigration will go at their own speed
If he had flown to France and then hung off the bottom of a lorry at Calais, he would have come in to Dover and had 3 Giros and accomodation already

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Gingers Husband said:
Max is probably the most complicated to sort out. I believe he has an Israeli passport and will be coming back into the U.K. via Canada, Wales, Germany, Kahzakstan, Wales, Canada etc. I would imagine his visa is a nightmare for all concerned. The club may have started the process months ago, immigration will go at their own speed
If he had flown to France and then hung off the bottom of a lorry at Calais, he would have come in to Dover and had 3 Giros and accomodation already

that comment made my day lol, seriously though max signed a while back so should have been sorted a while back right?

the devil himself said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
Gingers Husband said:

that comment made my day lol, seriously though max signed a while back so should have been sorted a while back right?
Without trying to sound too negative, doesn't this happen nearly every year? Does the team always leave it too late or is the delay due to the government's slow processing of visas?

Kipper

In fairness, Max has had a recent family bereavement to contend with as well.This could have delayed the process.

He has confirmed on Facebook tonight that he is coming back on Saturday morning. Hopefully he will be back in time to play.

James

Administrator
If Max makes it back, is it possible for him to play in a friendly without his Visa? It's not work as such ? Anyone know the legal ins and outs?

He has said he will be coming in on Saturday morning and that will be with his visa granted I am sure. If he plays or not I guess depends on how he feels when he gets here.