5 coaches needed

moggy#9

On another thread it's claimed that the devils haven't approached him. Personally I think he'd be a great fit for his knowledge of the league, and the fact that he's already won the continental cup with the panthers.

My biggest reservation regarding CN is that his history of signing players whilst at Nottingham has been decidedly more miss than hit!

I fully expect the Devils to announce the new Head Coach in the next week or two!

moggy#9

My biggest reservation regarding CN is that his history of signing players whilst at Nottingham has been decidedly more miss than hit!

I fully expect the Devils to announce the new Head Coach in the next week or two!
The question is whether that was him mis judging players, or if he had to cut his cloth according to the organisation's needs. Given the involvement of Todd and Franny in the recruitment process, there *might* be less of an issue here.

What I'd like to understand though is the background to him having three clubs last season. That could be a red flag.

terry hunt

Just a thought with no evidence whatsoever.
Looking at the comments ref Adam Keefe.
His brother Sheldon Keefe is now the Maple Leafs head coach.
When he was at the Marlies one of his Asstant Coaches was a certain Rob Davison who played well for us during the lockdown.
He doesnt seem to be at the Marlies anymore.
Does Jenks and our spies know where he might be heading?

moggy#9

Just a thought with no evidence whatsoever.
Looking at the comments ref Adam Keefe.
His brother Sheldon Keefe is now the Maple Leafs head coach.
When he was at the Marlies one of his Asstant Coaches was a certain Rob Davison who played well for us during the lockdown.
He doesnt seem to be at the Marlies anymore.
Does Jenks and our spies know where he might be heading?
Interesting.

terry hunt

Some others in the same vein.
Rick Kowalsky played briefly for us before a distinguished career as a coach including 3 seasons as an assistant at the Devils.
One of his explayers albeit briely was Justin Crandall.
No Devils connection but very well known in the UK with Bison,Storm,Bees is Bernie who is probably too rich for our budget,

ASHIPP

Neilson left one club in Norway of his own accord. Why? It was a team made up of part-time players who all had day time jobs. According to an interview Corey did recently, he said that whilst he was at that club, he literally had to wait around all day for players to finish work before starting their daily training seasons....in the evening! No wonder he packed it in.

Corey's role as Assistant Coach in Team GB delaying the announcement from our Club? Guess we will find out in a couple of weeks.

It's common knowledge that TK, Franny and the Owners have varying degrees of input into the player recruitment process with the Coach. At Panthers, that may well have been a different case.