4pm Faceoff ...

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #61
There is only 1 way to settle this (I'm really surprised Todd hasn't thought about this one!) .....

We need to have .........

Face off time chuck a puck !

If you love 6pm faceoff's you buy a 6pm puck.
If you love 5pm faceoff's you but a 5pm puck.
If you love 4pm faceoff's you buy a 4pm puck.
If you don't care, don't buy a puck.

Next home game we have the Face off time chuck puck!

The winner will dictate the face off time for the 'dodgy' 4 games next season (if that's the plan!).

Time to put the power in the fans hands Todd :):):):):):):):)

Milky

Worked perfectly for me. Was great to be home early on a Sunday for a change.

Long may it continue. More please Mr Kelman.

Kevlar68

I guess it depends on the attendance and who attended. Atmospheres change depending on who's attending game. For instance full on supporters in seats will be more vocal than comp'd/cheap ticket seats.

I've been to Wales rugby games near corporate seats and comp'd seats and the people couldn't be bothered what game it was or who was playing which then changes the atmosphere.

KaneDevils

Do people not read posts correctly.

He said he already misses a lot of saturday games through work commitments. If the 4pm face offs become the NORM on a sunday it is not worth renewing his season ticket as he cant make those games either.

Not childish just financially correct

Read what is written not what you want to see,
Thats not how he worded it though. Didnt even mention that he worked on sundays, just that sunday face offs at 4pm "messes things up" nor were season tickets mentioned.

matbur

For everyone who favours it, there's another who doesn't.

Personally, 4pm is no good for me. It would be pointless me renewing my season ticket next year if there's an increase in 4pm games.

Really hope it doesn't change.

OJLloyd

I might be being naive here, but surely there can’t be such a high percentage of retail workers who are also attending Devil’s fans that we should be arranging game times around their schedules?

4 p.m. works for me, 6 p.m. works for me. I do think those of us who post on here do, on occasion, suffer from the echo chamber effect without realising that most fans are pretty happy with things either way.

pjj365

It is not just the odd ticket holder

I know a family of 5 with 1 retail work, a family of 3 with 1 worker, a family of 2 with 1 - that's 10 tickets not sold (and potentially 10 season tickets)

This is 30% not able to attend out of this small group. I'm not suggesting this is replicated across the whole attendance but it certainly reflects more than the odd ticket.

And it is not just retail workers affected - there are people with long standing family commitments who cannot change them,there are potentially junior devils who cannot get back from away trips and, I'm sure, other classes of ticket holders

Personally, I prefer 4pm but the change needs to be good for the club and whilst it is very unfortunate to alienate, and thus lose ST sales to, long standing fans that may be the consequence of expanding the fan base. Only the management can assess this

OJLloyd

PJJ - if we continue this sensible discussion then we may very well find ourselves banned!

That is substantially more than I thought, as none of the guys I go with work weekends I tend to forget that it’s an issue.

Like you say, reasonable and researched times which will benefit the club is the only thing I’m interested in, whatever that may be.

Kevlar68

I just think that whatever time a face off is it will effect someone. Not everyone works the same time patterns or shift patterns every week. So someone will always miss out at some point over a season, there is no way that any time that is chosen that it will be the perfect time for 100% of Devils supporters. That's life folks, we don't live in a perfect world..

Wannabe2

It’s not just about retail workers, they are only a % of people who work on a Sunday, me included, plus I know a number of people who only see their kids on a Sunday, who would have to miss games, then there’s the people who have to have dinner with their family before their allowed to go, and then -people who Sunday is their sports day, football in the afternoon, then down to the Devils, the list goes on and on.