4pm Faceoff ...

I'm not a fan of 4 pm starts, all I will say though is the club should decide by the end of the season which direction they are going with this, 4pm, 6pm ,or a mix of both. Just put it out there before people commit to season tickets.

ASHIPP

Hate 4pm faceoff but I totally understand why it is being trialled. I got to see the last period of the game due to work commitments. Disappointing but it is the Club's perogative.

Hope that if the Club decide to go with an earlier faceoff time next season, that they will announce this as early as possible. This factor alone will have a huge bearing on season ticket renewals next season. There are a lot of fans who work on Sundays, or have other commitments that might be affected, or prevented, by a time change.

Devil94

Oh my god. A fan for 32 years through rink closures, playing out of a windy, fabric shack, years of terrible hockey... And you threaten to stop supporting over a couple of face offs a year being 2 hours earlier. Truly pathetic hahaha.
Is this from the same user that wanted someone banned from devils games for getting a few retweets? I would argue that's slightly more pathetic.

Oh my god. A fan for 32 years through rink closures, playing out of a windy, fabric shack, years of terrible hockey... And you threaten to stop supporting over a couple of face offs a year being 2 hours earlier. Truly pathetic hahaha.
Who are you to call someone pathetic for giving their opinion? I too wouldn't buy a ST if I couldn't make games on the weekend. What's pathetic with that?

Hedd Wyn John

5pm is a reasonable compromise - late enough for most retail workers to make it to the rink & early enough to get the kids home for school the next day.

davew

I'm not a fan of 4 pm starts, all I will say though is the club should decide by the end of the season which direction they are going with this, 4pm, 6pm ,or a mix of both. Just put it out there before people commit to season tickets.
Agreed

It is also worth mentioning that hockey has always been a sport played around the world mainly as an evening sport. The NHL, because of their travel schedules (flights and different time zones) do have afternoon games occasionally, but these generally are 1 or 2pm face-off times.

I hate 4pm as it is neither one thing nor the other. As a traditionalist I would always plump for Sundays at 6pm. Xmas and new year games have generally been scheduled earlier due to public transport issues etc.

I would love us to try 2pm, 4pm and 6pm face-off's on a Saturday afternoon if we are to go "daytime" as this would probably generate more opportunities for TV sports reporting of the sport.

Pleximan

Well I haven't been on the inferno for a long time, mainly because of the small minded comments and critisicsm from a small minority of people who seem to think that they speak for the majority of fans....which they don't.
I checked to see how people felt about the 4pm because I for one am a big fan of the earlier Sunday face off....back home for the evening.....love it!

Whoever Solelace is, I have to agree with them, I think that Wannabe is acting like a 12yr old teenager who isn't getting their way, to say he is going to stop supporting the Devils after 32yrs over a few 4pm face off games for me beggars belief!
But the usual protagonists have rounded on Solelace in true inferno bullying fashion, nothing changes.
The inferno represents only a small cross section of Devils fans, and for every Wannabe throwing a tantrum and walking away(which of course he won't) there is another 3 or 4 new fans coming in to replace him.

What appears apparent is that some 'fans' act like they are bigger than the club. I will happily trust in Todd's judgement regarding the face off times, as a GM he will do market research on what he believes is the right decision to make.
Someone said a 5pm faceoff might be a good compromise, that might be another good option, but did me Sunday 4pm is a big hit.

Foxy

Do people not read posts correctly.

He said he already misses a lot of saturday games through work commitments. If the 4pm face offs become the NORM on a sunday it is not worth renewing his season ticket as he cant make those games either.

Not childish just financially correct

Read what is written not what you want to see,

drainage

Hate the 4pm face off, messes so many things up on a Sunday, 32 yrs of 6pm face offs without any problems. If it becomes the norm with me working Saturday it will be a final farewell after 32yrs. Suppose it had to finish some time.
I have also been watching for 32 years I didn’t mind the 4pm FO also don’t mind 6pm FO happy to give a change a run out personally ..... it’s 4 games over the season which I don’t see as an issue but each to their own