4pm Faceoff ...

Ger-Devils

Wasn’t there but not for me.

Not sure how many more games are scheduled for 4pm but with the city playing some sundays, that will affect the crowd.

Giants have them over here and it’s empty and flat.

Ejercito Rojas

Great win this afternoon against an 8-0-1 team who just couldn’t cope with us for long periods of play!
And just to add a bit of balance to the debate.......love the 4pm face off!!

august04

Top of the table clash, but plenty of empty seats even with some schools in (which may have been giveaways) - and a terribly flat atmosphere. It just didn’t feel right so not for me, although I could live with it. I still can’t believe Fife agreed to it at the fixtures meeting, having played the night before and facing that bus trip down here, sheer madness by them.

KaneDevils

Like al180 says, who cares about the other sports/teams? I don't, and as a travelling fan, 4pm starts mean I can attend a lot more games.

Hedd Wyn John

I like the 4pm face off but I understand it’s s struggle for people who work Sundays. Most shops close at 4pm on a Sunday. 5pm is a good compromise.

jimmy snels

was able to take my daughter with me to the game which was nice. but 3 blocks packed with i would assume free/cheap tickets and empty seats EVERYWHERE suggests its not exactly worked

Paul Sullivan

Attendance today was 2924. Not exactly empty. I thought the atmosphere was actually better today than yesterday, the second period was electric and the last few minutes of the third was superb.

We just nearly sold out a Fife game (most of which were sold before Fife were on Fire), the day after a sold out Sheffield game. And we destroyed both teams.

Each to their own, and all opinions are welcome and valid. I for one though think we are having to look pretty hard for things to complain about this season.

Wannabe2

Hate the 4pm face off, messes so many things up on a Sunday, 32 yrs of 6pm face offs without any problems. If it becomes the norm with me working Saturday it will be a final farewell after 32yrs. Suppose it had to finish some time.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #18
Attendance today was 2924. Not exactly empty. I thought the atmosphere was actually better today than yesterday, the second period was electric and the last few minutes of the third was superb.

We just nearly sold out a Fife game (most of which were sold before Fife were on Fire), the day after a sold out Sheffield game. And we destroyed both teams.

Each to their own, and all opinions are welcome and valid. I for one though think we are having to look pretty hard for things to complain about this season.
The flush in trap 2 next to the bar by block 15 doesn’t flush very well.

E.D.S.

Can’t fault Todd for trying something different. 4pm works perfectly for me and this was a game I ordinarily wouldn’t have been able to attend. More please Todd. I’m not advocating a total switch to 4pm but the odd one is great for me and appreciated.