3-on-3 OT For Next Season

DevilDom

Might be a silly question but does OT still go to 4 on 4 first and then if no goal 3 on 3 or does it go straight to 3 on 3?

wildthing74

In NHL straight to 3 on 3 then if a pen is called the penalised team stay on 3 but the team on the PP go to 4 skaters. It's fun to watch so good move by EIHL.

I know the majority of NHL players hate 3 on 3 - but I like to watch it. I think it brings an extra dimension to the game - the space allows for a different type of play and is much more likely to lead to a goal rather than the agony of watching penalties.
And how amazing would it be to watch those beautiful Fournier skills with all that space on the ice?!

Kal

I've enjoyed 3 on 3 in the NHL this season, I enjoyed the all star game a lot more than I expected so good change!

KaneDevils

Great move, especially for us fans. 3 on 3 is fun! It also reduces the chance of a shoot out, which to be fair, can only be a good thing. Not sure why most nhl players would be against 3 on 3? Is that an opinion or a fact?

kettdevil1

BostonBart22 said:
my overtime 3 would be KURKA, MARTIN, FOURNIER, thoughts please.
I assume defence is optional ;) .... That would be a decent starting trio but I suspect the key thing is to roll your lines every 30 seconds. 3 on 3 is devilishly tough and I think 30 seconds is about as far as you would go. Personally I think Ritchie, Mo and Lord might be a good shout for the next rotation

backrow

You could follow with Russell, Doucette and Hudson or with Haddad, Culli and Hotham with Culli as backup D.

How many rotations would they use is an important question but as pointed out short hard shifts are the key. All of these trios offer D with offensive ability.

JC23

Personally when I first saw this, I thought Fournier, Hendrikx, and Martin as first trio, second being Hotham, Richie, and Kurka.

JC23 said:
Personally when I first saw this, I thought Fournier, Hendrikx, and Martin as first trio, second being Hotham, Richie, and Kurka.
I don't know about two d men. I'd just stick the forward lines out and try to score before the other team!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk