2022-2023 EIHL Predictions …

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
I’m going early this season - with teams more or less there or thereabouts with their recruitment I’m going to predict:-

1. Devils.
2. Steelers.
3. Panthers.
4. Giants.
5. Clan.
6. Flames.
7. Stars.
8. Blaze.
9. Flyers.
10. Storm.

Whaddya think? Get your predictions in and we can have a giggle at the end of the season :)

Samael

1. Cardiff
2.Nottingham
3.Sheffield
4.Belfast
5.Glasgow
6.Guildford
7.Coventry
8.Dundee
9.Manchester
10.Fife

I wouldn't bet money on my predictions but based on the rosters assembled so far here's my punt. I'm looking forward to us facing up against Nottingham this year the most.

OJLloyd

1. Steelers
2. Devils
3. Panthers
4. Giants
5. Clan
6. Guildford
7. Blaze
8. Stars
9. Storm
10. Flyers

Though I will say I think the top 4 is I’ll be tighter this year, as opposed to the top 2 that last year brought about.

moggy#9

I can actually see Nottingham being one off the biggest threats this season. They seem to be putting together a very good team, but building a winning culture could be harder.

Belfast look to have a job of rebuilding on, but they have done signings left to announce and I imagine they'll be big.

If Sheffield come up short again, then I think fox will be in his way.

Glasgow will easily be top 5, but no higher than third.

Further down I see fife, Manchester, Coventry and Guildford being locked in a battle for the last two play off spots.

So,

Cardiff
Nottingham
Belfast
Glasgow
Sheffield
Dundee
Guildford
Manchester
Coventry
Fife

3-5 will be close, but then a big gap to 6.

tim78

1.Devils
2.Giants
3.Clan
4.Steelers
5.Panthers
6.Flames
7.Storm
8 Blaze
9.Flyers (Look to have 1 old line so far)
10.Stars (Very young new team with new coach)

jenks33

Blame Dixon.

I'm with you though, I don't see clan cracking into the top four, not this year anyway.
In my opinion i think people are slightly guilty of looking at Dixon, Dunbar, Roy and thinking they're the same players they were 3 or 4 years ago. All good players but not the players they once were. And i have question marks about their goalies and a couple of their D men. I think they'll be a useful side but 5th at best for me.

JC23

In my opinion i think people are slightly guilty of looking at Dixon, Dunbar, Roy and thinking they're the same players they were 3 or 4 years ago. All good players but not the players they once were. And i have question marks about their goalies and a couple of their D men. I think they'll be a useful side but 5th at best for me.
I definitely feel like you’re downplaying the value of Laporte, McParland, and Mitch Jones.

Not to mention the fact that Roy may not be the “King of Sheffield” we all hated, but still put up 58 in 53 last year.

I think top 4 should be a minimum ambition for Clan this year.

E.D.S.

Any particular reason why you think we’ll finish 5th ?
Because I’m a pessimist and I like to be proven wrong. Honestly no other reason.

I’m fully backing the boys and the new coach but it’s a new coach and a number of newbies. I’m intrigued as to how well we’ll do and look forward to seeing where we are at Christmas.