2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #905
Nothing between Cardiff, Belfast, Sheffield on paper for me. I think that will be the top 3. I’m not saying in that order.
Can’t say I’m massively worried about Nottingham’s roster at the moment but they do have a couple more forwards to sign.

kettdevil1

Nothing between Cardiff, Belfast, Sheffield on paper for me. I think that will be the top 3. I’m not saying in that order.
Can’t say I’m massively worried about Nottingham’s roster at the moment but they do have a couple more forwards to sign.
I would actually include them in a quartet who look very strong, they maybe lack the standout signings but the evidence from the Elite Series and the previous EIHL season is that they will be very well coached so..... I have them up there as well

jenks33

Thread starter #911
I would actually include them in a quartet who look very strong, they maybe lack the standout signings but the evidence from the Elite Series and the previous EIHL season is that they will be very well coached so..... I have them up there as well
I like a couple of their forwards, I think Domingue and Boivin will go well and they’ve still got a couple more to announce. I’m not convinced they’ve quite got it right at the back end tho. Only time will tell tho

moggy#9

From what I can recall of the various rosters, both Belfast and Sheffield are relying a lot on reputation. We seem to going much more on direct knowledge. The coaching will also be a massive influence. The other clubs will take a while to know how to approach skalde's team.

Kevlar68

Isn't there meant to be a gentleman's agreement on a salary cap this season?
The team as a whole would be about the same in wages.
If you look through the rosters some may have gone for bigger salaries on top lines and then minor salaries on lower lines so the wage cap would be level.
I think we have quite an even spread across our lines so all our lines are competitive not just the higher lines.
Does that make sense?

ASHIPP

What is reassuring about our roster is that all the new players are other personally known by our new coach..... or have been directly coached by him in their careers. For instance, Mikkelson, Louis and Dixon were all coached together at Portland by Jarrod. The players know his style and technique, he
knows their strengths, weaknesses, 'coachability'.

The early pre-season start with CHL and warm-up games will be incredibly valuable for team chemistry and trialling out systems and partnerships.

Fitness levels permitting, our Team will be in a good place.