2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

BostonBart22

Well, to be fair most of the teams from the major leagues have been training for some time and even been playing matches. I'm certainly worried about us getting embarrassed by a situation not of our making.
Unless CHL schedule changes teams from uk will struggle, i know CHL is the bees knees , but we would be more prepared if we were in the continental cup and a lot less expensive to play in..

Mazzoak

The CHL is a financial gain to the club, more important than competing, more now than in previous seasons. Having said that l see Kelman & King having ambitions in European Competition, either with the Devils or an alternative.

Finny

Very sad to see Myers not to return, but as others have pointed out the decision has effectively been taken out of the club’s hands by the changes to the rules.
19 player limit means no space for a 4th line centreman, which Myers was for us.

He’s been a great servant to this club over the past couple of seasons and I hope he gets the turnout for his testimonial he deserves.

BostonBart22

Do the club actually get financial support from the CHL comp. if not I cant see a financial gain in it, dont get me wrong its good to see them in it as long as we are prepared more for it and gain income from it, but flights to these countries and hotels are not cheap especially in todays situation with over the top prices...just hope one day it can be held around nov/dec when we are prepared more.

BostonBart22

Very sad to see Myers not to return, but as others have pointed out the decision has effectively been taken out of the club’s hands by the changes to the rules.
19 player limit means no space for a 4th line centreman, which Myers was for us.

He’s been a great servant to this club over the past couple of seasons and I hope he gets the turnout for his testimonial he deserves.
Yes sad to see Matt go , Really thought he had a great season with us last time out, pretty sure he will have a great turnout for his testimonial, true pro and a gent off the ice, always had time to talk to myself and lots of other fans, will be missed especially face offs. good luck Matt whatever comes your way..I would go as far as hoping his shirt gets in the rafters but wont hold my breath over it..

Finny

Do the club actually get financial support from the CHL comp. if not I cant see a financial gain in it, dont get me wrong its good to see them in it as long as we are prepared more for it and gain income from it, but flights to these countries and hotels are not cheap especially in todays situation with over the top prices...just hope one day it can be held around nov/dec when we are prepared more.
Unless something has changed this season I don’t believe they do. Belfast were considering opting out of it when they qualified due to the cost of it.

I think I saw an interview with Todd a couple of year back that said we do lose money from it but they believe the prestige and raising profile makes that worth it?

I think we could be seeing a CHL campaign similar to our first year where we suffer some really heavy defeats due to our lack of prep due to Covid. No shame in that, just write it off for this season and use the games as prep for the EIHL season in the hope it puts us in a better position than the other teams for that.

Earnie

I have said it before - the revenue from the home game more or less covers the cost of the away game. Being as this month it is our very first game with a new team let’s make it a full house. In the past the attendance has been surprisingly disappointing. CHL is a super experience.

Ger-Devils

I have said it before - the revenue from the home game more or less covers the cost of the away game. Being as this month it is our very first game with a new team let’s make it a full house. In the past the attendance has been surprisingly disappointing. CHL is a super experience.
You’d imagine the crowds will be high as first game in 18 months?

Sadly no trip back for me. Planned to do the away games but only booked the Frankfurt flight(now using it to fly home for Christmas) just too much not knowing if we can get into the arena in Mannehim due to crowd cut to 50% and that’ll be mainly season tickets.

Some of the imports are in already and some due today as far as I’m aware.

Devils mentioned they’ve closed the office for the weekend due to that.

moggy#9

Unless something has changed this season I don’t believe they do. Belfast were considering opting out of it when they qualified due to the cost of it.

I think I saw an interview with Todd a couple of year back that said we do lose money from it but they believe the prestige and raising profile makes that worth it?

I think we could be seeing a CHL campaign similar to our first year where we suffer some really heavy defeats due to our lack of prep due to Covid. No shame in that, just write it off for this season and use the games as prep for the EIHL season in the hope it puts us in a better position than the other teams for that.
I believe that the chl presents a number of benefits beyond shirt term profit. A number of players have said that the chl attracted them. It's also important to remember the benefits of building relationships within the game. Personally I think it's great just from the point of view being able to play as the devils on my Xbox.

zoesdevil

You’d imagine the crowds will be high as first game in 18 months?

Sadly no trip back for me. Planned to do the away games but only booked the Frankfurt flight(now using it to fly home for Christmas) just too much not knowing if we can get into the arena in Mannehim due to crowd cut to 50% and that’ll be mainly season tickets.

Some of the imports are in already and some due today as far as I’m aware.

Devils mentioned they’ve closed the office for the weekend due to that.
I really was thinking of going to both, but as you said the uncertainty & the numbers creeping up in some countries is still a slight worry, as the need to quarantine when getting back & the cost of testing on arrival & before leaving again is a big extra on top.

T10P

I’ve found that you can take an antigen test with you to Germany (use it out there) which will allow you board return flight and have a pre-booked 2 day test after your return. Overall cost around £70.

Hoping to go to the Manheim game but ticket info doesn’t seem to be forthcoming :(

T10P

Devils in the CHL Twitter:

“Just an update on Mannehim away:

We’ve just had a response from Mannehim to advise tickets won’t be on sale to away fans due to the arena capacity being cut due to Covid restrictions in Germany.”

I guess that’s the Manheim trip off the cards :( #disappointed

Ger-Devils

Yeah it sucks. Just had the email from them advising us on no away fans hence the tweet we posted.

Their arena has been cut to 50% so season ticket holders only it looks like.

jenks33

Thread starter #859
CHL jerseys look good. They’re now on social media for anybody that hasn’t seen them.

Bit surprised we haven’t heard from anyone yet. I get Skalde and the players must be busy with stuff on and off the ice but I expected something. Maybe even a couple of short interviews after training

Devil94

Yeah I've been trying to work out who is who from the 20 second clips.
Maybe now Slovakia is off there will be more time for social media stuff.

And yeah the CHL are hot, might be the best yet.