2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #762
Very true, who wants to be a healthy scratch?

I think it's abysmal that the league themselves can't even officially communicate the roster information for the new season to the fans.

It's those same fans who the clubs, ours included, will be expecting to support via ticket sales, live streams, raffles, auctions and anything else over the next 12 months.
Not sure if Dixon fancies captaincy. If you look at his CV he hasn’t worn the A for nearly a decade now. I think Mikkelson or possibly Dupont if he has signed for us. Dupont Captained Norfolk and wore the A in Dornbirner. He also won the sportsmanship award in the ECHL in 2018 so he seems like a good character

Kevlar68

I second Dixon, he knows the club now, he knows the fan base and he knows what the club/fans expect from the team.
If it was based on playing experience then Mikkelson.

moggy#9

I second Dixon, he knows the club now, he knows the fan base and he knows what the club/fans expect from the team.
If it was based on playing experience then Mikkelson.
The whole question of leadership and what makes a good Captain is an interesting question. I guess it's part presence, part ability to set an example and party be someone you wouldn't dare disagree with not disappoint. You can understand why mark messier was arguably the best leader in hockey history.

Interesting to hear Andrew Hotham say on Two Ales and Hockey Tales saying he spoke to Todd Kelman about a player but he has ended up at Sheffield.
I’d be interested to know who!!

jenks33

Thread starter #770
Interesting to hear Andrew Hotham say on Two Ales and Hockey Tales saying he spoke to Todd Kelman about a player but he has ended up at Sheffield.
I’d be interested to know who!!
Possibly Ellerby. Hotham played a few games with him in Rochester. I don’t think we were ever likely to sign Mikkelson and Ellerby with there being a salary cap.

Devils86

Re: Reinhart - part of me is bemoaning any such signing as I want the Devils to crush all before them in our path; but then it's just incredible how many quality signings are being made across the league despite the situation globally.

Get some more fans on seats at the less successful (recently) clubs and get more revenue (league sponsor) and who knows where we could go. #Exponential

Finny

Great pick up for them, drafted 4th overall in 2012, in-between Galchenyuk and Morgan Rielly!
But never played a full NHL season.

The EIHL has previously had players highly drafted but never made a NHL career, and within a couple of months its become obvious why that was the case.

Belfast’s defence had looked lacking in experience so not surprising they’ve made a big money signing like this.

Belfast’s defence had looked lacking in experience so not surprising they’ve made a big-money signing like this.
Don't think he has been confirmed yet.

What would he be getting to be classed as a big money signing? As I have no idea what the current wage would be for players in this league, curious to know how this prospect would compare with the other signings around the league?

moggy#9

The EIHL has previously had players highly drafted but never made a NHL career, and within a couple of months its become obvious why that was the case.

Belfast’s defence had looked lacking in experience so not surprising they’ve made a big money signing like this.
What is surprising about this guy is the fact that he has obviously showed a lot of promise, and is clearly a good player, but he seems to have tumbled down the leagues. Let's be honest here, del is a step down from khl, and eihl is a step down again. What's going on here? Is there some issue with him. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The whole question of leadership and what makes a good Captain is an interesting question. I guess it's part presence, part ability to set an example and party be someone you wouldn't dare disagree with not disappoint. You can understand why mark messier was arguably the best leader in hockey history.
Don't ever let anyone in Vancouver hear you say that :D;)