2021/22 Intro

august04 2.0

Thread starter #1
Don’t we usually have a thread on the intro about this time of year?! I wonder if we're in for anything new this season?

Paul Sullivan

Thunderstruck for when the players start warm up like we had before would be great. When I listen to it I can almost ear the sound of pucks hitting plexi
I'm an old romantic for Thunderstruck too, but that change came from the room. I'll make sure you hear it at some point.

Paul Sullivan

It's also the devils original theme song.
Yes, I'm relatively familiar with them was just being sarky and posting a cool VH track ;-)
The one referred to as the 'old' intro by most fans is, much like the current one, a cocktail of several tracks, including a special recording of the 'thumb, thumb, thump' baseline that is a little more defined than on the original track. For me the old ones are awesome as they were my starting era. The challenge now isn't just a good track, or group of tracks, it's having a piece that works more as a 'call to action' - Nickelback beat being the obvious point here.
I quite enjoy the science / art / psychology of it and tbh spend more time researching and thinking about these things

moggy#9

Yes, I'm relatively familiar with them was just being sarky and posting a cool VH track ;-)
The one referred to as the 'old' intro by most fans is, much like the current one, a cocktail of several tracks, including a special recording of the 'thumb, thumb, thump' baseline that is a little more defined than on the original track. For me the old ones are awesome as they were my starting era. The challenge now isn't just a good track, or group of tracks, it's having a piece that works more as a 'call to action' - Nickelback beat being the obvious point here.
I quite enjoy the science / art / psychology of it and tbh spend more time researching and thinking about these things
Paul, it has to be said that in the old days they only had to put together the music. The skill in doing this and putting together the matching video takes the effort to a whole new level - which is hugely admired and appreciated.