2019 - 2020 Roster ...

Swarley

I don’t know, a meeting with someone? There’s a thousand reasons he could have went there. Calm down.

May I say no more...

Can’t bloody speak on this forum no more without someone ranting at you.
Only person ranting right now is you tbh, you said something and people replied and your calling them stalkers or moody, it's almost like you're trying to get a reaction just to play the victim..

Foxy

It may well be a rumour but just posting what i see. Wow.
Your all moody bunch ain’t you. You all think this club is the dog bollocks. No he most probably won’t go to sheffield to manage. But he could head that way to meet dowd offer him a contract he could go up there for a day out who knows??

Do you stalk him do you know his every move no you don’t.
Good grief........ calm down before you do yourself some damage:eek:

BostonBart22

Your all moody bunch ain’t you. You all think this club is the dog bollocks. No he most probably won’t go to sheffield to manage. But he could head that way to meet dowd offer him a contract he could go up there for a day out who knows??

wrong ...ben oconnor

Wagstaff

Really weird how he's been incredible this year, perhaps overlooked last year as a first option? Wagstaff?????
Solid first season and was one of the last to be signed again, so maybe he was hoping for a better offer or maybe he hadn’t achieved the level set out for him and came back on a must try harder agreement, whatever it was he has over achieved on a very average Blaze team.
Put him amongst a star studded team and he may not stand out like he does for us, like Jereme Tendler did at Hull and was then quite average with us (although he was a hero in the playoff win)
Still think he would be a good catch for any team, but hoping he stays where he is!

Wagstaff

Someone mentioned Marc O Vallerand, one of the most exciting players we’ve had for some time in Coventry, certainly sounds like he’s heading back to the UK.
Pure talent, fantastic hands, very creative and scores for fun.
The twitter hints are getting quite a few people excited.

Wagstaff

Wouldn’t sign him myself, big fish in a small pond at the moment
I would definitely agree, exactly my point with the Tendler reference.
We will have to see where he ends up and see if he continues to shine as brightly.
As he has dual nationality I’m sure someone will say somewhere, “if he was a Brit, I’d have him but not as an import!” before long, just like Liam Stewart!

voth26

To be honest I think it's you whos the moody one, no we don't all think the club is the dogs gonards either. You made the statement and people replied your the one who flew of the handle mate!!

BostonBart22

Obviously players will be coming and going as with all teams , I can name a few that will prob retire and the ones i would replace , but 1 player i defo would get back is Mosey not just for his outstanding season with us but his 2 way role as D and forward, thats my opinion on our roster..

Kevlar68

Some players may have under performed this season compared to previous season but does that mean replace them? We only lost league on a stat.
Replacing a player with someone new doesn't always mean better results (panthers, steelers) look at how most thought panthers would be a dominant force at beginning of this season due to new signings.
The new player may not adjust to UK hockey, may not adjust to new teams training regime, may not settle in new city.
I'd prefer a settled team who have bonded to go a second season.

Temme

Some players may have under performed this season compared to previous season but does that mean replace them? We only lost league on a stat.
Replacing a player with someone new doesn't always mean better results (panthers, steelers) look at how most thought panthers would be a dominant force at beginning of this season due to new signings.
The new player may not adjust to UK hockey, may not adjust to new teams training regime, may not settle in new city.
I'd prefer a settled team who have bonded to go a second season.
I completely agree Kev,
a well jelled team really does hit the ground running & history tells us that.

A couple of things i would add just to play devils advocate (sorry...)

A) were we that jelled this year? Now of course, we finished joint top on points; but we were a little bit streaky i thought, although in terms of jelling - we really did hit the ground running (and were compared to an NHL team & calls of it becoming processional were made... remember those days!) But we did unravel a little particularly around November time and toward the end of the season; obviously we finished 22 points clear of the team behind us so please don't read too much into the use of my word "unraveled" there, it is on a biblically small scale compared to almost every other team.

B) The new 'regime' has a simple goal - to win. Which is fantastic to know of course, but this year - we didn't.
I don't agree with clearing ship, (obviously!!!) but there are a couple of things that will undoubtedly be tinkered with, as there are every year, and i suspect retirements may factor in to the 'who comes back' debate, and ultimately... Not winning = improvement needed.

Just to finish off - we were a VERY similar team last year compared to this year, stats back that up:

in 17/18 we played 56 games:
scored 234 goals (4.17 average per game)
Conceded 149 (2.66 average per game)
lost 15 games (3 in OT) (73.21% games won)
had 85 points (1.52 Points per game)

in 18/19 we played 60 games
scored 235 goals (3.91 average)
Conceded 146 (2.43 average)
lost 17 games (6 in OT!!!!!) (71.66% games won)
had 92 points (1.53 average)

As horrible as it is, 6 OT losses (5th most in the league) came back to bite us, because in regulation at least, we lost LESS games despite playing more!!!

Sheincar

There's nobody I would choose to get rid of but I feel there may be a few retirements on the horizon which will give us the opportunity to bring in some younger guys.
The number of OT losses really bugged me too. Yes it was a point gained but often it should have been 2.