2019 - 2020 Roster ...

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #41
I like it - I like it a lot! I can see my grand Gantry plan getting traction at last :)

It’ll cost a few quid (Gantry’s aren’t cheap these days) but to ensure the costs are met I’m sure we’re all happy to go back to two line hockey for a season. Yes ? :):)

Wannabe2

I honestly think the our squad this season had the potential to win the league at a canter. With a few tweaks in the off season (a genuine Tyson Strachan replacement would be important in my eyes), and more fortune off ice, we could win the league next year.

Rather than make wholesale changes to the team, my priority would be an interior redesign of our arena. Let's make a night at the hockey a fun place to be again! In it's present guise I find the IAW/Viola insipid, particularly the bar which lacks any kind of atmosphere. Maybe some of us are so bloody miserable throughout the season because our arena has the ambience of a surgical theatre?!

For what it's worth, I've stopped going to the ice hockey, not because the team are inconsistent (although I have to admit I do miss the big characters and fights!), but because I find the whole experience, and the arena, quite sterile nowadays. Ironically I enjoyed the game night experience far more when we weren't quite as good, but there was a real atmosphere to the place in the last year or so of the BBT.
See this is where we differ, I love our new gaff, it’s bright it’s clean great sightlines, could things be better well they always could, but it’s the best home we have ever had, perfect no, tidy gaff defo. Not many better in the league as far as I am concerned.

pjj365

I honestly think the our squad this season had the potential to win the league at a canter. With a few tweaks in the off season (a genuine Tyson Strachan replacement would be important in my eyes), and more fortune off ice, we could win the league next year.

Rather than make wholesale changes to the team, my priority would be an interior redesign of our arena. Let's make a night at the hockey a fun place to be again! In it's present guise I find the IAW/Viola insipid, particularly the bar which lacks any kind of atmosphere. Maybe some of us are so bloody miserable throughout the season because our arena has the ambience of a surgical theatre?!

For what it's worth, I've stopped going to the ice hockey, not because the team are inconsistent (although I have to admit I do miss the big characters and fights!), but because I find the whole experience, and the arena, quite sterile nowadays. Ironically I enjoyed the game night experience far more when we weren't quite as good, but there was a real atmosphere to the place in the last year or so of the BBT.
Your post and this are not quite on theme but hey - whenever has this stopped this forum

The arena does not help the atmosphere. We ARE loud and proud but I have noticed recently that conflicting chants start in different parts of the arena so, despite the best efforts of the drummers, they die out - nobody knows what they are doing.

What the fix is I don't know but the will is there and never doubt it

Sheincar

Being saying that most of the season but who goes or do we carry a spare <23. TBH I'm not that clued up on the ages of the Brits
We have Scanlan & Lawday on our roster on EP but our skaters are Duggan and Rutkis. Not sure what the position with the goalies is.

pjj365

We have Scanlan & Lawday on our roster on EP but our skaters are Duggan and Rutkis. Not sure what the position with the goalies is.
Given roster is different to dressed then looks like we can carry another <23 (although nothing says we can't run a whole team of <23!!!!)
Both goalies count for Brit but are >23
The issue is, as you know, we can have a roster of any combination of ages/Brits/imports it's what we ice that is regulated - so would Griffiths get the ice time he deserves (and GB - I would suggest - needs for him)

The_Puck

Your post and this are not quite on theme but hey - whenever has this stopped this forum

The arena does not help the atmosphere. We ARE loud and proud but I have noticed recently that conflicting chants start in different parts of the arena so, despite the best efforts of the drummers, they die out - nobody knows what they are doing.

What the fix is I don't know but the will is there and never doubt it
The fix is to have a standing section behind the goals in block 4 with all the drums.

Sheincar

Owen has only had 1 season at EIHL level so being eased in may be best for him. Not been in GB squad for couple of seasons and whilst would have had more ice time at MKL from necessity, will gain vast experience from being around our guys. Would also like to see Golovkovs here, only 23 & very productive. Latvian like Rutkis.

RedDevil17

Owen has only had 1 season at EIHL level so being eased in may be best for him. Not been in GB squad for couple of seasons and whilst would have had more ice time at MKL from necessity, will gain vast experience from being around our guys. Would also like to see Golovkovs here, only 23 & very productive. Latvian like Rutkis.
Golovkovs isn’t good enough for us I don’t think. Now one player I’d take from MK is Wallace! If you want a good brit try Joe Lewis from the DEL2. Welsh lad from Newport

Sheincar

Golovkovs isn’t good enough for us I don’t think. Now one player I’d take from MK is Wallace! If you want a good brit try Joe Lewis from the DEL2. Welsh lad from Newport
Not sure whether Lewis would want to come back. Been in Germany for a long time now. Dropped out of GB but don't know if that's a case of out of sight out of mind. Hadn't realised the amount of points Wallace had produced but yes would take him.

GOLOVKOVS is off to Glasgow if rumours in MK are true

drainage

Splash the cash and sign Mike Hammond. Massively proven in this league.

We need speed up front - Dunbar, Reddick (not Bryce!) & Finucci wouldn't go amiss either.

That lot makes some of ours look immobile !
Can we not leave the who is back/not back/want back/don’t want back/want to sign debate until after the season ends please? Can we not simply support the team we have and let the great signing debate start after next weekend ?

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #59
Can we not leave the who is back/not back/want back/don’t want back/want to sign debate until after the season ends please? Can we not simply support the team we have and let the great signing debate start after next weekend ?
Did I say this thread was about who i want back/not back? I think you’ve misread my original post!

Devilsatw

Well steelers will be having a massive shake up again. Westerling already leaving/retiring and the same goes for zanoski he’s leaving too. Dowd has come out and said he’s waiting on the management to offer him a contract and wants it sorted with in the next 6/8 weeks