20/21 Squad

Now that has put a smile on my face! If you were to ask me ,what players epitomise the new era Devils for you, it would be Andrew Lord, Joey Martin, Joey Haddad , Gleason Fournier and Andrew Hotham. I know I can't have it all, but the first 4 on my list...please!

Why would we? Haddad was our best player this season so was announced first. I believe the best player on our team has been announced first for the past few season s
Because every year Joey Martin is our first signing, seems unusual to change that especially with rumours of him leaving.

Don't want to sound ungrateful with Haddad. Amazing signing and great bloke.

ASHIPP

Great re-signing by the Devils. JH had an absolutely fantastic season. Can't wait to see him out on the ice again.

Why are people worried about Joey Martin not being the first re-signing this off season? This is not the first time this has happened.

matbur

The other thread discusses the feasibility of next season going ahead so those posts are going off topic here. Essentially, people who don't think we have an issue or just reckon it'll be sorted in six months are either burying their head in the sand or not grasping the severity of the situation.

I'm delighted #27 has re-signed but in all realty we won't be seeing him ice next season.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #293
The other thread discusses the feasibility of next season going ahead so those posts are going off topic here. Essentially, people who don't think we have an issue or just reckon it'll be sorted in six months are either burying their head in the sand or not grasping the severity of the situation.

I'm delighted #27 has re-signed but in all realty we won't be seeing him ice next season.
And obviously you could be very correct, and the odds are really in your favour, but there has to be a contingency plan in case the unexpected happens, no one is burying their heads in the sand, far from it and everyone is quite aware of the severity of this outbreak. But by the same token should the very unexpected happen, you can’t be caught with your pants down

moggy#9

I kind of expected them both to be back, but I'm still relieved to see it confirmed. It did start me wondering though, to what extent will the decisions players make about where they will play be dictated by the uncertainty around lockdowns. Will current clubs and familiar destinations have the upper hand over bringing in players new to the UK?

ASHIPP

There are going to be three possible scenerios...

1. A season, maybe starting late and finishing late

2. A season, shortened in length

3. Next season cancelled.

The Club will have discussed preparations, plans, eventualities amongst themselves and with the Owners and with the players as part of signing process.

Perhaps the League is waiting a few months on developments before confirming a decision. All clubs will be aware of that.

ASHIPP

It will be one of 3 possible scenarios...

1. Full season starting at usual time with crowd restrictions.

2. Season shortened or started later and finishing later with restrictions.

3. Season cancelled.

The League will surely be waiting on developments and make announcements in a timely manner.

No doubt the Club and Owners will have been planning and preparing for different outcomes as part of the player signing process.

mjh

I can't see how we can have a season with reduced crowds without reducing the wage bill. If we've already signed a team already, does that make cancellation the most likely? I really hope not.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #300
Myself I reckon it will be all or nothing, more or less back to normal, or it’s a write off. Pushing things I still think we have 5 months to be good, pushing us to the first week of November, now nobody knows how things will be then. We just live in hope, one thing is for sure unless we get back to a pretty normal state, then season 20/21 won’t happen unfortunately, Stay Safe lovely people.