20/21 Squad

pjj365

And bownsy got a house in barry got married last year and is moving on by the looks of it...
Not forgetting Jade's business and the C2C clothing line but still looks like Ben will move on. As a Brit with a house & 2 businesses his ties are far stronger than Joey's

At the end of the day though to suggest any player has total free will as to where they will go or whether they will stay is just dreaming. "He won't move" - maybe if he has a choice and if he doesn't get a better offer elsewhere

Also, the better offer need not be just wages. Players know they need to maximise their earnings whilst they can and to think they will not move just because they own a house locally is off the wall. If that were the case there would be far fewer imports in the UK. In fact - think on - moving for a similar or better income with accommodation provided whilst you rent your house out (to which you can return when your career is over) could be attractive

Wannabe2

Thread starter #123
If players are offered good jobs outside hockey at home in Canada or USA, and if their not exactly youngsters they will think long term and mainly take them. We have seen this many times in the past, to say someone ain’t leaving is pie in the sky.

Temme

He bought a house in Barry last year his misses has a nice job too.
He won't leave
I actually think Bowns will go for a couple of years and come back, I don't want to start talking about personal lives/children etc but Bowns and his partner are relatively young in their careers, so to spend 2-3 years abroad and come back to Cardiff to their 'home' at 32/33 whatever Bowns would be to see out his career is quite probable.

Again though this is just me speculating, I don't want to pretend like i know their personal lives, i just know the same stuff you guys all know that they have a business of sorts and also a house they've bought here.

If he does move on, best of luck to him, he's been a great servant to the club and i'm sure would return at some point.

If we lose Bowns then it would be the biggest loss of any EIHL club. Having that extra import skater cannot be understated enough as a 'perk' of having the only British starter-caliber goalie.

Devilsatw

I actually think Bowns will go for a couple of years and come back, I don't want to start talking about personal lives/children etc but Bowns and his partner are relatively young in their careers, so to spend 2-3 years abroad and come back to Cardiff to their 'home' at 32/33 whatever Bowns would be to see out his career is quite probable.

Again though this is just me speculating, I don't want to pretend like i know their personal lives, i just know the same stuff you guys all know that they have a business of sorts and also a house they've bought here.

If he does move on, best of luck to him, he's been a great servant to the club and i'm sure would return at some point.

If we lose Bowns then it would be the biggest loss of any EIHL club. Having that extra import skater cannot be understated enough as a 'perk' of having the only British starter-caliber goalie.
Sorry my post is about Martin!
I don't think he will leave

Wannabe2

Thread starter #136
Me too unless tickets are going well, we renewed ours and friends have also. Probably get news soon from a different source.

kingmo19.1

Nostradamus will be on here shortly to keep everyone up to speed, which should be interesting.
The shame is that Nostra’s world is a far cry from actual reality! He’s been called out to clarify a few things, but his refusal to engage and clarify speaks volumes. Nothing but a click-bait Hunter.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #140
Forget the rumours it’s your opinion that counts, Is Ben signing or not. When is the season starting, and is the imports 13 or 14, come on stop being a killjoy.