20/21 Squad

moggy#9

If bownsy does move on, I wish him luck. On the evidence of the CHL I'm not sure that the Austrian league is massively better than the elite league, but he will certainly get more exposure there and it would be a huge life experience. If we need to replace him, I'm sure lordo will find someone outstanding. I would love for us to have a quality netminding tandem, but I couldn't see time in net being split unless we had two imports in goal. With regards to possible departures, are these people's dreams/nightmares/closed season tittle tattle, or is anything based on actual, you know, evidence? BTW if bownsy goes to Graz, I'd love them to come over for a preseason match - chance to say goodbye to bownsy and to have their great fans here again. That is, of course, assuming we don't draw them in the CHL.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #103
I would put it all down as tittle tattle at the moment, only when the club announce things you can take it as true, otherwise it’s all rumours.Time will tell.

Temme

If bownsy does move on, I wish him luck. On the evidence of the CHL I'm not sure that the Austrian league is massively better than the elite league, but he will certainly get more exposure there and it would be a huge life experience. If we need to replace him, I'm sure lordo will find someone outstanding. I would love for us to have a quality netminding tandem, but I couldn't see time in net being split unless we had two imports in goal. With regards to possible departures, are these people's dreams/nightmares/closed season tittle tattle, or is anything based on actual, you know, evidence? BTW if bownsy goes to Graz, I'd love them to come over for a preseason match - chance to say goodbye to bownsy and to have their great fans here again. That is, of course, assuming we don't draw them in the CHL.
Graz finished 4th in the EBEL so afaik they don't qualify for the CHL, and with the whole Dease thing i can't see them coming over either;

to be honest it would surprise me if Bowns isn't back with us, maybe not this year, maybe not for 3 years, but given his house/family business being in Cardiff it does suggest that he is settled here long term/post hockey

His heart wasn’t in the club this year and that was clear to see on many performances , and to see recent tweets on Twitter about the steelers , where I think he had a mare in the final against the steelers , yes Bowns has had a good career in a devils jersey , but he was disappointed in interviews before seasons started that he couldn’t go anywhere else , and I think personally his performances showed this season he didn’t want to be there yes he played a lot of hockey with hardly any rest , but I personally think time has run it’s cause and I carnt thank him enough for his career in the devils jersey and I do wish him all the best

jenks33

His heart wasn’t in the club this year and that was clear to see on many performances , and to see recent tweets on Twitter about the steelers , where I think he had a mare in the final against the steelers , yes Bowns has had a good career in a devils jersey , but he was disappointed in interviews before seasons started that he couldn’t go anywhere else , and I think personally his performances showed this season he didn’t want to be there yes he played a lot of hockey with hardly any rest , but I personally think time has run it’s cause and I carnt thank him enough for his career in the devils jersey and I do wish him all the best
Can’t argue with most of this. I’m not doubting Bownsy’s effort levels but he just didn’t look switched on for large parts of last season in my opinion. There’s a difference between not trying and not being switched on and I definitely think Bownsy was the latter. I tend to agree with you about his pre season interviews as well. I’m not criticising his ambition, If I was him I’d have been expecting a move to a higher league after his performances for GB. I just found it worrying from a devils point of view though that he was clearly stuck here rather than wanting to be here.
Ben has been a great servant and I’d be happy to have him back in the future. I do think a move is not necessarily a bad thing for both parties though. Even if it does cause us problems with having to recruit another Brit or two.

Kevlar68

This obviously is quite sad news but expected really with being a No.1 international netminder wanting a new challenge, maybe when this is announced officially it would be nice to hear of a signing if any made.

If the reports are true Mr. Bowns i wish you good luck for the future and you'd be welcomed back.

Can’t argue with most of this. I’m not doubting Bownsy’s effort levels but he just didn’t look switched on for large parts of last season in my opinion. There’s a difference between not trying and not being switched on and I definitely think Bownsy was the latter. I tend to agree with you about his pre season interviews as well. I’m not criticising his ambition, If I was him I’d have been expecting a move to a higher league after his performances for GB. I just found it worrying from a devils point of view though that he was clearly stuck here rather than wanting to be here.
Ben has been a great servant and I’d be happy to have him back in the future. I do think a move is not necessarily a bad thing for both parties though. Even if it does cause us
Ben has been a great servant and I’d be happy to have him back in the future. I do think a move is not necessarily a bad thing for both parties though. Even if it does cause us problems with having to recruit another Brit or two.
Yes I agree with this he just didn’t seem to be the Bowns we have had in between the pipes for the years before , you carnt knock him for wanting bigger things out of his career or anyone else that does the same thing ! I just think his time is up in a devils jersey mainly on his behalf I honestly don’t think he wants to be there anymore and no matter what sport it is I follow and what team I follow I have always said if someone does not want to be there let them go and get someone who wants to wear there jersey , I just think it was a big down fall in the team this year not our only problem but our net minding was 100% not what we are use too ! As of Ben Davis coming back I have always rated him as a player he plays for the badge and gives it 100% every game this season and season before I think he has been on of Guildford best player with out a dout be nice to see him back in a devils jersey ! But I’m not taking nothing away from Bowns and what he has achieved with us but just think it’s time for a change on both parties the devils and him

Devilsatw

I take a lot of criticism on here for my striaght forward answers and I don't beat around the bush!

Show me posts from the past when I have been wrong??

Every one loves to moan at me but No one can do this.

I say things how they are I'm not here to be anyone's friend.

Kevlar68

I do like your straight talking but as i've said before about your posts its almost like you say things so IF it does happen you can say "I told you so" but when it doesn't go your way you don't post.
Just an observation.
Its like Nostradamus, he made thousands of predictions but only a handful have come true, when he made so many it was obvious a few would turn up at some point.

Devilsatw

I do like your straight talking but as i've said before about your posts its almost like you say things so IF it does happen you can say "I told you so" but when it doesn't go your way you don't post.
Just an observation.
Its like Nostradamus, he made thousands of predictions but only a handful have come true, when he made so many it was obvious a few would turn up at some point.
Thanks for your honest post!

Kevlar68

Not a problem, your allowed whatever opinion you have and should be allowed to let people know, some will agree, some won't but that's what a forum is for. its for discussion, it shouldn't be an argument.

kingmo19.1

I take a lot of criticism on here for my striaght forward answers and I don't beat around the bush!

Show me posts from the past when I have been wrong??

Every one loves to moan at me but No one can do this.

I say things how they are I'm not here to be anyone's friend.
perhaps you’d like to revist the thread titled ‘the future of the elite league and it’s teams’ and clarify what was asked of you? Or is it more convenient to just brush that under the carpet and ignore it?