Haddad
Dixon
Mosey
Fournier
Jardine
Louis

Riley and Morrissonn if the Club can hang on to them

jenks33

Its a tricky one. I have best case 5 changes worst case 9. (I have included Benti retiring, assumed Longlet retiring and assumed Morrisson will not be back)
For me the no brainers to keep are Martin, Haddad,Dixon,Myers,Mosey,Fournier, Jardine, Richie
Then there are some I would like to keep due to their hard work and loyalty. Batch and Duggan
The rest I don't mind either way.
One that I would also definitely like to keep that others may not agree with is Marjamaki. Yes he hasn't racked up a lot of points but I think he is one of those players who will improve each season. He hasn't got the awareness and hockey brain of Martin or Haddad but he is fast, he hits and works really hard. I would love to seem him reach his peak with us.
Fully agree with you on the 10 names that you’d like to see back. Overall I was disappointed with Marjamaki though so I’d like to see us look for a younger, hungrier player similar to Eberle at Sheffield. Whether we could attract a young player like that though is a different matter. Having said that I wouldn’t be totally against Marjamaki coming back, he certainly improved after Christmas. He was just far too anonymous for the first 3 or 4 months for my liking.

voth26

Its a tricky one. I have best case 5 changes worst case 9. (I have included Benti retiring, assumed Longlet retiring and assumed Morrisson will not be back)
For me the no brainers to keep are Martin, Haddad,Dixon,Myers,Mosey,Fournier, Jardine, Richie
Then there are some I would like to keep due to their hard work and loyalty. Batch and Duggan
The rest I don't mind either way.
One that I would also definitely like to keep that others may not agree with is Marjamaki. Yes he hasn't racked up a lot of points but I think he is one of those players who will improve each season. He hasn't got the awareness and hockey brain of Martin or Haddad but he is fast, he hits and works really hard. I would love to seem him reach his peak with us.
I'm with you about Masi i would love to see him returning, he went through a quiet spell but then got his mojo back, i honestly thought in quite a few games he was a complete pain in the butt for other teams, fore checked with a passion, scored/assisted on a few hit like a bloodt freight train lol. i would take Riley back as well but cant see it though

jenks33

I'm with you about Masi i would love to see him returning, he went through a quiet spell but then got his mojo back, i honestly thought in quite a few games he was a complete pain in the butt for other teams, fore checked with a passion, scored/assisted on a few hit like a bloodt freight train lol. i would take Riley back as well but cant see it though
I’m not convinced Riley will return either. I think the Spengler Cup experience might be the icing on the cake for him. I’d like him back though. He didn’t have a standout season for us but 18 goals is a good return, he knows the league inside out and he’s a leader. Every EIHL team would want Riley next season.

JT666

Not that it would effect my decision making, but I had no idea that like Benti, Marjamaki played a game in the NHL for New York Islanders!

Didn’t watch much live this season, but when I did the three most impressive of the new faces for me were Riley, Marjamaki and McNamee.

From other teams, Pelech at Belfast impressed me as a stay at home defenceman, and I liked the look of Eberle at Sheffield. Ben Lake didn’t seem to have a particularly brilliant year at Belfast, but the year before he was superb for Coventry. Maybe a good replacement for Bentivoglio on the LW?

Haddad, Martin, Riley
Lake, Dixon, Eberle
Marjamaki, McNamee, Mosey
Rutkis, Myers, Duggan

Richardson, Fournier
Jardine, Pelech
Louis, Batch

Bowns

Mazzoak

Prior to Corona I’d have changed most of the team just to stay competitive.

With the uncertainty that the social distancing could last 18 months, next yr could be a wash out, the financial impact of this season, current squad popularity and our finishing position I’d offer every player a contract for next yr, including Benti as a gesture of goodwill. It’s highly likely no team is going to splash the cash on decent players for 20/21 I’d be surprised if teams didn’t keep their current squads with a few replacements for those who wanted to move on.
Might give Lord a chance to work with our guys through an early summer training camp and hit the ice as a fully working fit unit, get earlier results to help injury slumps etc so that the run in towards the end is better organised.

My personal view would be to definitely keep: the Brits, Martin, Fournier and Haddad and maybe Dixon

After that I think the rest are replaceable.

I think the goal keeping situation needs to be looked at too, I think we either need to replace Murdy with a more capable goalie to take the weight off Bowns or get Murdy up a level to take some game time, Bowns for me looked burned out quite early on this season

jenks33

My personal view would be to definitely keep: the Brits, Martin, Fournier and Haddad and maybe Dixon

After that I think the rest are replaceable.

I think the goal keeping situation needs to be looked at too, I think we either need to replace Murdy with a more capable goalie to take the weight off Bowns or get Murdy up a level to take some game time, Bowns for me looked burned out quite early on this season
I agree with you on all your points.

I suppose the only thing about next season (whenever it starts) is Bownsy will have had a hell of a break, with this season finishing early and not being away with GB. So we might get away with it next season. He certainly appeared overworked this season though and if he is to stay for a few more years then a more dependable back up (even if some fans think Murdy is dependable Lordo clearly doesn’t) is something we will have to look at.

Devilsatw

This season the brits are really crucial to us with the new rules but I would let bowns go and get a really really good netminder.
Yes we lose the import forward but we have duggan Myers Richardson batch to make up for it

Devilsatw

Who the hell would let the GB netminder go, who didn’t have the greatest defence in front of him, who bleeds Red, and can still win games.
He lets in a tonne of howlers too!! Am i not aloud an opinion. I guess not.

Too many times I see and hear the other teams goalie has stood on his head and that’s why we didn’t win. Well how about signing that goalie and increase our chances of winning?
Morrison has been immense and if it wasn’t for Riley scoring in the last minute he would have won fife the game down here.

Cj motte and Matt ginn have both stood on there head against us and won games for there team.

But no we keep bowns it’s ok

jenks33

I’ve said this a few times. In my opinion Ben struggled this season (by his standards) for two reasons.
1. Overworked. Devils reached the play off final in 2019 then Ben was away with GB over the summer and then it was an early pre season due to the CHL.
2. Needs a new challenge - I feel Ben desperately wants a new challenge. I think he knows he’s not going to get a starting spot in the very best leagues in Europe but he was obviously hoping and probably expecting a good contract offer from some decent teams in Europe last summer after his outstanding performances for GB. Now in no way am I saying that Ben wasn’t trying his best this season but I’m just not sure if he was quite there mentally at times. If there’s one position you can’t get away with being 90% focused it’s in goal. If a team from let’s say the Allsvenskan or DEL 2 came in for him this summer I think he’ll be off.

kingmo19.1

For me, I’d like to see Martin, Haddad and Jardine definitely return.

Don’t know why, but I don’t think Fournier, Riley or Louis will be back.

Dixon, yes he’s a great face off man and hits, but I think Father Time is catching him up rapidly and his point production is to be fair pretty average.

Keep the Brit pack, but Bownsey needs import competition.

The rest of the imports need a new challenge elsewhere.

Last edited:
To keep 4 line hockey the backup goalie needs to be a under 25 so either perrie or lawaday maybe they take turns so they get games,
We then need to find another under 25 lord has trust in that will be super hard. As even duggan in the last few games saw limited ice time and he’s one of the best under 25 brits.
I suspect we will just play 3.5 line hockey.

I think using an import slot in back up goalie is proper short sighted, and losing Bowns means we need to poach a top end Brit which won’t be cheap or easy. Or else we are for sure playing just 3 line hockey.

Kevin roog

I wonder if we will get a full season 20/21, just watching Sunday supplement and Henry winter says someone high up in the nhs reckons the next premier league football march won’t happen before the end of October , if true gotta be similar for hockey

The_Puck

I wonder if we will get a full season 20/21, just watching Sunday supplement and Henry winter says someone high up in the nhs reckons the next premier league football march won’t happen before the end of October , if true gotta be similar for hockey
I can see the league being delayed till October/November with the schedule being 2 home 2 away rather than 3 home 3 away. It’s gonna be a nightmare if that’s the case with season tickets.