20/21 Squad

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Not into naming names but I can see maybe 7 new faces next season, even though it looked quite likely we would take the League, and had as good a chance as anybody in the Play Offs. Always exciting to see new faces, how many do you think.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #5
Have to agree on the age side of things, I know our guys would have taken the title through their skill and abilities, but we did look second best in the speed side of things in several games, which I think is why so many of those games were close scores rather than the hammerings they should have been.
How many new faces do you think buddy.

jenks33

Martin, Haddad and Fournier are the 3 imports that are musts. If any of those leave I’ll be gutted.
As much as I’m a big fan of some of the other imports (notably Dixon, Mosey, Jardine) I think the rest are replaceable.

Legin

Don't forget new rules on size of Bench
17 players plus 3 under the age of 25
Maximum of 13 imports.

You can carry spare imports of course.
If you have 13 imports his means only 4 brits over 25 so could we possibly carry a spare Brit as well?

moggy#9

I think 5-7 with normal turn over. Others may choose to move on. I hope that we can keep the key guys we want to stay rather than then bring lured elsewhere. I'd hat to have a Belfast or Sheffield situation with massive turn over.

moggy#9

Martin, Haddad and Fournier are the 3 imports that are musts. If any of those leave I’ll be gutted.
As much as I’m a big fan of some of the other imports (notably Dixon, Mosey, Jardine) I think the rest are replaceable.
I'd be shocked if mosey went. The club looked after him well and the fans love him. The spark in him when he came back was amazing. I'd hope that he'd want to carry on where he's left off.

Diablo3

Does Evan count as an import even though he plays for GB? (probably been answered before ;))
What are the odds of us signing Rutkis as a Brit on full time contract... ? So long as he counts as a Brit. He's only 22

BostonBart22

Can we have Linglet back, His first season was awesome , we know he struggled this season and carried an injury but came into his own last 6 to 8 games , would be good on 3rd line..

jenks33

Can we have Linglet back, His first season was awesome , we know he struggled this season and carried an injury but came into his own last 6 to 8 games , would be good on 3rd line..
Can’t agree with that I’m afraid. Excellent on his day but those days are very few and far between. He’s nearly 38 and looked it for much of the season. I fully expect Linglet to retire.

RedDevil17

I wouldn’t mind Corcoran and Johnston here from Coventry. Ackered too and maybe Anthony Beauregard. All excellent players and relatively young guys who can score which has been an issue for me and can put up points for fun. Speedy guys too.

Colton Yellow Horn I’d like too. Played against us for Graz but he left for Slovakia mid way through the season. Great player. If Linglet moves on to a different team or retires I imagine that frees up a lot in the wage department considering he came straight from the KHL when he joined us?

Earnie

I think RedDevil17 deserves an award. He must have more ‘likes’ than the rest of us put together. Maybe he will like this one?

Wagstaff

I wouldn’t mind Corcoran and Johnston here from Coventry. Ackered too and maybe Anthony Beauregard. All excellent players and relatively young guys who can score which has been an issue for me and can put up points for fun. Speedy guys too.

Colton Yellow Horn I’d like too. Played against us for Graz but he left for Slovakia mid way through the season. Great player. If Linglet moves on to a different team or retires I imagine that frees up a lot in the wage department considering he came straight from the KHL when he joined us?
Hey, when looking for new imports look across the atlantic not Up the motorway to the midlands! That’s just lazy!

Slartibartfast

Its a tricky one. I have best case 5 changes worst case 9. (I have included Benti retiring, assumed Longlet retiring and assumed Morrisson will not be back)
For me the no brainers to keep are Martin, Haddad,Dixon,Myers,Mosey,Fournier, Jardine, Richie
Then there are some I would like to keep due to their hard work and loyalty. Batch and Duggan
The rest I don't mind either way.
One that I would also definitely like to keep that others may not agree with is Marjamaki. Yes he hasn't racked up a lot of points but I think he is one of those players who will improve each season. He hasn't got the awareness and hockey brain of Martin or Haddad but he is fast, he hits and works really hard. I would love to seem him reach his peak with us.