2 days to mega friday

Pondlife

Very happy with Bentivoglio re-signing. He's very underrated, if it wasn't for the shadow of Joey Martin being over pretty much every player in the league he'd be regarded as one of the best in the EIHL.
The Asselin/Ulmer/Benti line was my favourite last season. He's super fast and really gets under the oppositions skin to the point that they end in the box

The Asselin/Ulmer/Benti line was my favourite last season. He's super fast and really gets under the oppositions skin to the point that they end in the box
I'm very pleased with these two signings
They both give 100% every game. For me Mo probably had his best season last year which was surprising as he had just come back from a bad injury
When he played on the top line with Joey Martin his point production was very impressive. I think he needs to play as a top six forward to get the best scoring out of him. Plus he blocks more shots in some games then Bownsey
I know Andrew Lord says he makes any line better, I would like to see him on one of the top 2 lines

Wannabe2

I'm not over the moon with the signings to be honest but at least we know wa we get from them.
Are you for real, these guys had 129 points between them last season, 129, 41 goals between them, and another 88 assists between them. Benny without a doubt was one of the best players in the league last season, I just loved the guy, and then Mo well he led the troops by example, has superb hand control, blocks shots, scores very important goals and gives 150% every time he is on the ice. As has been said before, if these guys are good enough for our superb coach, then by god they have to be good enough for us. Welcome back home guys, same again please.

Finny

I'm not over the moon with the signings to be honest but at least we know wa we get from them.
Is that because you don’t appreciate how good these two players are or because you believe all the nonsense rumours on here that are basically people browsing eliteprospects and thinking “oohhh, he’d be great here!”?

Wannabe2

I think any returning players will be the next to be announced, with new names coming after these. My guess and that’s all it is a guess, is that we will see 5/6 new faces, which is pretty exciting. My guess is that these guys will be pretty neat signings, and well worth the wait, it’s getting closer now guys, and getting more exciting every week. It’s always cool to see returning favourites, and to be able to hold onto guys that in the past we probably would have lost, is a great position to be in. But by the same token how exciting is it to see new names on the roster, checking out their history, and looking forward to seeing what they bring on the ice. Again my guess is that there will be a few wow factors, and that we will be a pretty happy bunch when all the dust has settled. I along with many others have loved this club for so long now, and have taken the rough with the smooth, and my God there’s been some rough, but just how neat is our present condition, it’s a bit like seeing one of your children doing so well in life. So it won’t be long now folks, and it all starts over again, with the added bonus of seeing old and new friends with the same passion and love of the greatest sport on the planet.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

pjj365

I'll never speculate on returnees or new signings

What does interest me though is U23s. Assuming Myers returns and Piggsy returns to last years role our over 23 Brit compliment is done (not speculations but assumptions!)

So who is out there to add to Moore? Will the club bother with this which I guess at the moment is not a priority

RedDevil17

I'll never speculate on returnees or new signings

What does interest me though is U23s. Assuming Myers returns and Piggsy returns to last years role our over 23 Brit compliment is done (not speculations but assumptions!)

So who is out there to add to Moore? Will the club bother with this which I guess at the moment is not a priority
Buesa has left Clan! Maybe a good pickup?

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

You’ve hit the nail on the head, Wannabe. Everyone will be very pleased with the newbies this year. One spot to nail down but this is the most excited I’ve been heading into a season.
Don’t leave it there Steve! Sheesh! I know Todd won’t like it but just give us a clue or two [emoji8]

On another note, seeing how well Liam Kirk has done and though much will be down to his talent and parents, give credit to Steelers organisation for back Thompson in his quest for finding new British talent. Is this something we will want to do going forward?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SteveKing

Developing the next wave of talent is essential for every team. I’m still very motivated to go right to the grass roots and start exposing youth to the sport at a young age to expand the base of future players. This is on the agenda for our meetings next weekend here in Calgary. That’s a long term approach but one that’s essential in growing the sport in the UK.

Devil_Abroad

Developing the next wave of talent is essential for every team. I’m still very motivated to go right to the grass roots and start exposing youth to the sport at a young age to expand the base of future players. This is on the agenda for our meetings next weekend here in Calgary. That’s a long term approach but one that’s essential in growing the sport in the UK.
How funny is that as we’re visiting Cardiff next weekend! Lol

So will we see a special message live from Calgary like last year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

You’ve hit the nail on the head, Wannabe. Everyone will be very pleased with the newbies this year. One spot to nail down but this is the most excited I’ve been heading into a season.
Amazing here we are with not only our owner, but a Man that was brought up on hockey, who is a avid Calgary Flames fan, that eats, breathes and sleeps hockey, and this Gentleman is on here telling us how excited he is about our signings, and the upcoming season. It don’t get much better than that folks. Think my gut feeling ain’t far wrong, just need to fill our Lush home now, and show our returnees, and our new guys the reason was correct in signing here. The butterflies in the stomach will be around soon, don’t you just love it.
HAPPY SUNNY HOCKEY DAYS.

voth26

For me It used to be annoying to hear rumours of players signing for Devils only to see them sign for another EIHL club, now players want to come play for the Devils. Great owners who engage with fans on the inferno and genuinely want to be involved with the Devils and do things like inviting Bownsy to Calgary to be trained by an NIL goalie coach, Lord to the Calgary stampede. Really hope the owners are around for years to come

For me It used to be annoying to hear rumours of players signing for Devils only to see them sign for another EIHL club, now players want to come play for the Devils. Great owners who engage with fans on the inferno and genuinely want to be involved with the Devils and do things like inviting Bownsy to Calgary to be trained by an NIL goalie coach, Lord to the Calgary stampede. Really hope the owners are around for years to come
Notice how Simms doesn't use the "Steelers lead, others follow" thing anymore, because it's simply not true, sure in some areas eg prospect development.

But in terms of systems & quality, not so much. But the healthy competition between all teams striving to outdo each other will only improve the EIHL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

terry hunt

I think any returning players will be the next to be announced, with new names coming after these. My guess and that’s all it is a guess, is that we will see 5/6 new faces, which is pretty exciting. My guess is that these guys will be pretty neat signings, and well worth the wait, it’s getting closer now guys, and getting more exciting every week. It’s always cool to see returning favourites, and to be able to hold onto guys that in the past we probably would have lost, is a great position to be in. But by the same token how exciting is it to see new names on the roster, checking out their history, and looking forward to seeing what they bring on the ice. Again my guess is that there will be a few wow factors, and that we will be a pretty happy bunch when all the dust has settled. I along with many others have loved this club for so long now, and have taken the rough with the smooth, and my God there’s been some rough, but just how neat is our present condition, it’s a bit like seeing one of your children doing so well in life. So it won’t be long now folks, and it all starts over again, with the added bonus of seeing old and new friends with the same passion and love of the greatest sport on the planet.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
Absolutely spot on mate.

terry hunt

Looking at Liam Kirk's situation he may have really struck lucky.I bet he will get every chance to improve with the Petes.
Rob Wilson as coach and an ex Steeler and GB captain behind him

Samael

Steve will need to check his family rabbit isnt on the cooker the way he gets fawned over. Chill out fellas, it's creepy to the point of hi. probably getting put off... or putting a restraining order on some of you next time he's over here.
Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the cringey comments are getting a bit OTT now. It's embarrassing to think that other team fans must browse these boards and think what a bunch of geriatric bum licks Devils fans are.

Anyway, glad to see Bentivoglio back and as previously mentioned, very under rated. Jake is a bit hit and miss for me. I'm not doubting his skill/ability but depending on his fitness he can sometimes be inconsistent. No arguing though that since he's assumed the captaincy the team has been successful.

I'm hoping at least one of the new signings is going to be an agitator, someone who's a real pain in the ass to contain and throws their weight around. We'll see.