1999 Jersey?

Thread starter #1
Can anyone tell me if this is a 1999 jersey? I’m planning to have a name and number added to it so want to make sure I’m picking from the correct years roster. Also if anyone has an image of the same one with a name and number stitched on for me to show the people that are doing it I’d be grateful. Thanks in advance

Attachments

revilo

Hi, I've been trying to collate a jersey archive, and this one threw me. The consensus on here was that the Devil's used the same (or very similar) jersey in both 97/98 and 98/99 season, so included one each per year. The link to the archive can be seen below (its a work in progress), the 98/99 shows print on the reserve of a special edition Manics jersey, but not sure how realistic that is to the official game worn ones.

Thread starter #4
Thanks for this. Excellent archive. There’s a video on YouTube of the playoff semi final against storm in 1999 where they appear to be wearing this jersey so I should be safe picking from that years roster anyway

terry hunt

The 1999 playoff jersey has the Sekonda logo? on the right shoulder.
I wore a replica Mike Macwilliam no24 to that playoff but i can only see the back on the video(at 8 mins14).
I still have this shirt somewhere.I will try and find it and check for you.

Jonesy83

I had this jersey and the red alternative back when my dad used to take me as a teenager.

Sadly they got thrown out many many years.

Be awesome if they did a throw back to this jersey for a season (with current sponsors instead of BT)

jenks33

I liked the 97/98 and 98/99 jerseys. As others have said they were very similar. I also thought the 1999/00 jerseys were underrated, only problem though is that shirt reminds me of Todd Gillingham, John Brill etc. The all red away shirt in particular was lovely, with the fire and Cardiff 2000 on the back