1/4 finals

Rempel16

No, but they surely get a cut of the takings, you’d have to be very poor at business to not negotiate that into the deal, and our owners are not poor at business.

Pembo

No, but they surely get a cut of the takings, you’d have to be very poor at business to not negotiate that into the deal, and our owners are not poor at business.
We’ve got really good deal not having to shoulder the ice costs most of league’s teams have to absorb. This is a cause for bitterness in some circles, but I imagine council recouping some costs with beverage sales offsets a little.

jenks33

Who did everyone want out of Glasgow, Coventry and Dundee? I can’t say I’m hugely confident that we’ve got Glasgow. We should go through over two legs but they’ve given us problems at IAW this season. I’m not sure the season series against them is a fair reflection of how tight the games have been. And they obviously hammered us up there last time.

Pembo

Clan it is for quarters. Hope they do a webcast as they don’t always historically that or the Glasgow leg gets picked for premier sports. Clan finished on a bit of a hot streak so should be a competitive couple of games. Fingers crossed we can get to final weekend as I think we’ve got a fighting chance against Steelers or Belfast over 60 minutes with more than 4 defencemen.

august04 2.0

Who did everyone want out of Glasgow, Coventry and Dundee? I can’t say I’m hugely confident that we’ve got Glasgow. We should go through over two legs but they’ve given us problems at IAW this season. I’m not sure the season series against them is a fair reflection of how tight the games have been. And they obviously hammered us up there last time.
I would have preferred Blaze, then Stars. But Clan it is and it’s going to be a tough one I think.

Pembo

I would have preferred Dundee, love Combs but they’re short of depth beyond a couple of lines. Coventry seem pretty quick to self destruct at the moment. They’ve also injured quite a few key players for variety of clubs this season, especially when frustrated. When Nottingham scored 9 Blaze in 3rd period left Panthers banged up with Domingue with dislocated shoulder And Tousi with broken ribs I believe. I’d be more worried about key player injuries with Cov. Clan are pretty solid, Roy and Yellowhorn especially have impressed me. They seem to be playing more as a unit now and I think will give us the bigger test of the 3.

jenks33

Yeah Glasgow were probably my third choice. Dundee have also given us problems but we’ve had their number of late. And Blaze seem to be in a bad place at the moment.

Mazzoak

Why would the council negotiate a cut in takings, it’s a bar that doesn’t produce much income, what would Todd negotiate with, give me a percentage or I’m taking the team and it’s fans to another rink.

pjj365

Why would the council negotiate a cut in takings, it’s a bar that doesn’t produce much income, what would Todd negotiate with, give me a percentage or I’m taking the team and it’s fans to another rink.
I'm guessing but don't the Devils still get paid to manage the arena - as opposed to a % cut

Mazzoak

I'm guessing but don't the Devils still get paid to manage the arena - as opposed to a % cut
The Council advertised for a General Manager of the IAW 2 months ago, so I’m assuming that role by Todd has ended now, although until December 2022 it may still be co managed by Devils Entertainment Ltd. The Council won’t complete the sale until all risks have been considered, if the facility can’t demonstrate a viable commercial acquisition the Council may decide not to proceed with the purchase or risk subsidising the facility or continue the sale and repurpose the site.

36. The Council will take over responsibilities for the Ice Arena (and the costs associated with it) from completion of its purchase of the land in phase 1 (December 2021) until it completes its purchase of the Ice Arena (December 2022) and into the future. Temporary and future operating arrangements for Ice Arena must therefore be a key consideration ahead of completing this purchase. Ice Arena Wales is currently operated by Cardiff Devils, although it is recognised that the current management agreement in place with Ice Arena Wales is unlikely to remain suitable in the long-term, so both the interim and future operational arrangements of Ice Arena must be a key consideration for the Council upon acquisition. A new management agreement with Devils Entertainment Ltd, or a new operator altogether may need to be found, so directorate will need to have a clear understanding of suitable parties and likely terms of operational leases or management agreements to ensure the Council can operate this facility without any ongoing Council subsidy, and ideally with a commercial return. The transfer of employer responsibilities from Ice Arena Wales also remains a risk as part of the acquisition, so it is important a suitable solution is found here ahead of completing the transaction

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Christ! You’re boring.

Back on topic…Not convinced we’ll make it to Nottingham but I enjoy a Clan game. Yellowhorn and Roy work hard for these guys. Not an easy team to beat. Their place will be rocking on Sunday. I think we’ll need a four goal lead as a minimum to take to Glasgow - so a 4-0 shut out at our place please folks. Easy!