Search results

1. F

New signing / signings..

Money on it being Simon Ferguson
  2. F

Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Found the tweet, firstly Liam Sewell tweeted '#ROADTRIP to Coventry to line @covblazehockey versus @cardiffdevils ..... Hopefully it'll be a great game! #EliteIceHockeyLeague' Coventry replied with '@LiamShovel remember the thick brown envelope is for the ref ;) (what is meant by empty square...
  3. F

Devils v Blaze - 28/10 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Can't find that on twitter, do you mind posting on here exactly what was said?
  4. F

Richie.....

Re: Re: Richie..... The league he is rumoured to be going to isn't the 2nd tier of the KHL, it is the official Kazakhstan league. The standard is no better then the EIHL and its not exactly a league where many players progress from but as has been said, the money is extemely good
  5. F

New shirt sponsor

Its a 6-figure sponsorship deal
  6. F

Devils Vs Braehead Clan - Friday 2nd March - Chat /Updates

Re: Devils Vs Braehead Clan - Friday 2nd March - Chat /Updat Why not use the video replay though if it is available? I personally don't see it as a farce at all and in fact quite the opposite. It is like Wimbledon isn't it, they only use hawkeye for the courts that have it
  7. F

Bring Back Old Website

Absolutely love the new website, it looks so professional
  8. F

The Hoff is back

Doug Christensen attracted some great players to Edinburgh who probably have the smallest budget in the league as well as one of the oldest rinks. Mark Smith was a recruitment of Christensen's. The fact that he managed to attract players such as Hemingway, Stutzel, Fussey, Smith, Rudowsky...
  9. F

Fife v Clan tonight

Lee Mitchell played on the first line for the Clan tonight and Matt Haywood played on the 2nd so I was told, both young British players. 2 imports per line with one Brit is the best way to get British players better IMO
  10. F

Rockies has gone... fears for the O

I believe the odyssey arena and pavilion are separately owned so this shouldn't affect the Giants. It would be a real shame if Rockies went though!
  11. F

Cheaper Ticket Prices

Concession tickets are dropping to £10
  12. F

Brock McBride leaves Giants

He was on the 3rd D-pairing in his first game as well which indicates that is what he was signed as. Also the Austrian league is full of ex NHLers and top AHLers and the imports in general are just as good as the DEL. For example here is a list of Salzburg's imports: Rob Davison (ex Devil) -...
  13. F

Brock McBride leaves Giants

Re: Re: Brock McBride leaves Giants The Austrian league is very good and any player in our league would love to play in that league. To put into context how good the stand is there, Craig Weller is a number 5 defenseman for his team and they are one of the bottom teams in the league:shock:
  14. F

Nottingham V Sheffield 27th

I hope you have got your tickets because the game has already sold out
  15. F

This Friday's Sky Game - Giants V Steelers

I didn't think it was a great game but it wasn't as bad as your making out and remember the most important thing is if it attracted any new fans and as many of us have witnessed, generally newbies find even the most boring games exciting
  16. F

Rumour??

Haven't seen any EPL games this year but I have seen quite a few over the past few years at Guildford and Basingstoke. There is a lot less physicality and you could ask probably any fan who's team has been in the EPL and EIHL
  17. F

Rumour??

Just wanted to add on to what you have said. Firstly I would expect much smaller travelling support, generally no one will bring as many fans as coventry, nottingham and sheffield do. Secondly dropping to the EPL doesn't just make a team sustainable and Manchester are still losing money every...
  18. F

Devils v Clan - 13/11 - 6:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Strange....didn't hear that when the Devils were top of the league last year. Like it or not the elite league is the highest standard league in the UK and its the league where the devils belong
  19. F

Where have our fans gone?

Despite the 'bring a buddy' offer the crowd yesterday was only 1,333
  20. F

Steelers v Devils - 22/10 - 6:00pm - CC - Chat/Updates

Belfast have been playing with 9 imports, Nottingham have had 9 imports for nearly the whole season as well