Search results

1. O

New Manchester Rink

Surprised it’s not been spotted already, but great news for Manchester Storm and UK hockey. Apparently it will be one of the biggest rinks in the UK. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/ice-arena-greater-manchester-traffordcity-28419815.amp Might be bad news for us...
  2. O

Belfast tickets wanted

Looking for 3 tickets for the Belfast game this Friday if anyone isn’t going and has them spare.
  3. O

Joey Martin White 15/16 Game Worn

For sale. £400.
  4. O

Todd Kelman - 4000 and counting podcast

Just stumbled across this. Definitely worth a listen; Episode 137. Spotify Link Language is colourful at times so if you’re a bit up tight about that it’s not for you. Talks about his strategies for his success with Devils and Giants and a bit behind the scenes info of the EIHL. Nothing...
  5. O

Joey Martin 2015/16 White Gameworn

Reluctant sale of my GOAT gameworn jersey. £500.
  6. O

Captain Mo

Will not be returning. A great servant for the club and most successful captain. Put his body on the line more than anyone I can remember.
  7. O

Two Tickets Needed for Guildford - 1 Jan 19

Hey! If anyone has two tickets for Guildford they’d like to sell let me know!
  8. O

Craig Moore departs

And signs for Fife. Best of luck to him.
  9. O

Paul Thompson

Lands a job with the Serc Wildwings of the DEL as head coach. In fairness, he’s done very well to get a job in one of the top European leagues. Good luck to him.
  10. O

IAW becomes Viola Arena

Naming rights have been sold. https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/arena-confirm-new-5-year-naming-rights-partnership-viola/ Extra income can only be a good thing for the facility.
  11. O

The BBT rises from the ashes!

Just an update on our former home, stolen from THF: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=913456#/topics/913456?page=38 After falling down in the winter (deje vu?) the BBT construction/rebuild is back underway in Leeds. There will be a few structural changes, with the stairs behind...
  12. O

Belfast Tickets Sunday 25 Feb 18

2 tickets for sale together in block 9, row G. Face value - £18 each
  13. O

Nickerson

It seems Matt Nickerson has had an absolute meltdown in the Flames v Lightning game. Thrown out after searchcing for a fight, getting a match penalty. Then lashes out at a fan hitting the wrong person, a woman, on his way off. Big ban should be coming his way, which will probably mean he's...
  14. O

Joey Martin - G.O.A.T

I've just seen on Twitter that this was brought up at the Q & A with Todd and Franny last night; is Joey Martin the greatest of all time for the Devils? Whilst there have been some fantastic players over the years I really can't think of a player as well rounded as Joey Martin. The closest I...
  15. O

For Sale: Bauer Nexus 8000 Skates Size 8.5D

Pro Stock Bauer Nexus 8000 skates for sale. They were the top end skate from the Nexus range until this year. Fitted with a custom APX2 tongue, Superfeet Carbon Hockey insoles and LS3 runners (fusion runners still available also) - all different to the stock model. RRP was over £600. Very...
  16. O

Play Off Tickets

So I've decided I do want to go to Nottingham, one problem - the Devils block is sold out. Has anyone booked to go into block 6? Which is next to the Devils block and a general block. Just wanted to see if anyone else has booked in there before I end up surrounded by people in orange...
  17. O

Period Break Duration

Why is it 18 minutes? Seems to go on forever. Every other team seems to do 15 minutes (which in itself feels like it really dragged on), as it always used to be for us too.
  18. O

Guildford Flames Apply for EIHL

Confirmed that Guildford have made an application for the EIHL that will almost certainly be approved. Great news. https://eliteleague.co.uk/january-board-meeting-update/
  19. O

Average EIHL Attendances

For those not on twitter one of the Blaze media guys put up the average attendances this year: Nott 5609 Shef 5393 Bel 4563 Clan 3032 Dev 2939 Blaze 2112 Flyers 1854 Storm 1212 Stars 967 Caps 737 Fantastic crowds for almost all teams. Especially us. We used to average half of that just a few...
  20. O

UK team in the KHL

Story emerging from the KHL all star game that an application has been made by a team in the UK to enter the KHL next year. Great news of true; the KHL is massive - a runaway second best to the NHL. Personally can't see any current team having the financial backing for such a thing so my...