Search results

1. C

Chelmsford v Cardiff NIHL1

Any updates?
  2. C

Our ice

Sand with high water content is frozen by sub surface piping containing bribe solution (glycol or similar). Water is flooded over the reasonably level sand and then spray painted (white) with water based paint which also freezes (two -four coats) This is flood again and frozen repeatedly to...
  3. C

Our ice

Ice re painting commences September 15th
  4. C

Fixture change ?

Give the ENL boys a run out ;-)
  5. C

is there anything the devils can do about the refs?

I'd be interested to know what the typical forum user would classify as a reasonable salary for an Elite official? What criteria they would (reasonably) expect from an official and how many would volunteer (at their own expense) to become a member of a panel of critics for officiating...
  6. C

Devils Sign Sam Smith

Great news that Sam Smith is back here playing. I'm sure he will easily fit into an Elite side with his size and speed. However, slightly off topic. Puckaholic is wrong about the U8s being the only silverware winners. The U16s team this year won their league unbeaten with 2 games still to play...
  7. C

Cardiff Devils ENL division 2 Trials

to be eligible to play under 18's you need to be 15 or older. to be eligible to play senior hockey you need to be 16 or older. to practice in a non scrimmage situation there aren't age restrictions, to scrimmage or play there are. 'the next ben davies' will be able to hold his own with ENL even...
  8. C

Playoffs qualifiers...

http://213.198.46.189/clubcardiff.html you got it, Lets show them some support. I'm sure updates from Sheffield will be announced as the games progress.
  9. C

A Question For The Hockey Players Amongst Us

At under 16's the players are (with exception of the rookies of 3 months or less) complete the line changes them selves. As Mooney suggested a player is responsible for substituting themselves for their like positioned team mate. Although there maybe circumstances where an alternate player may...
  10. C

Fixtures for New Season

From conversations last week it appears Cardiff are returning to a Saturday as a prominent home fixture date bringing parity to the league, a better balance of Saturday and Sunday games thus releasing teams from the inconvenience and financial burden of mid week matchups.
  11. C

Any rec games soon?

This is Luke Southwood, he will be playing 1st year u16s this year. Really good player and dedicated. His only trouble is his little stature. Gonna be a great Devils 3rd liner soon if he starts sprouting!
  12. C

Alex Symonds signs for Phantoms

This was from the Peterborough Phantoms site. "New to the Phantoms roster will be highly regarded defenceman Alex Symonds. Symonds, who spent last season with the Telford Tigers, will join the club for next season having learnt his trade with Cardiff where he spent the 2007/2008 season in the...
  13. C

An appetizer for summer hockey

If you need a fix defending league champions The Titans, host Solent Scorpions this afternoon 4:30 face off. Winner last weekend Cardiff outshot the home team 31-30 and brought home a 4-1 scoreline. This evening they will be without long serving agitator Huw Poulton-a lengthy suspension for...
  14. C

Team Wales

If Team Wales did exist either they couldn't play competitive or players would become ineligible for GB. the IIHF get very little funding the available funs for a minnow in comparison would be dwarfed in by my nippers piggy bank-and she spends like any wonman LOL. I know there was a rumour of...
  15. C

Team Wales

Mike Newbury, James Manson, Rodri Evans all came through Cardiff Juniors as defencemen. Sam Smith (F) the kids got real size and has good experience in North America. Only other one who's probably a little too 'fresh' yet is Adam Harding. edit: Ricky deacon is getting match fit again too-small...
  16. C

Junior Hockey Games today 11th April

not long long back from these two games, u14's was a real emotional battle 3 PP goals saw them take a 5-2 win. numbers 17 14 5 and 22 looked ones to watch for tomorrow u16's was a bit one sided, apart from a mid ice dump in that bobbled through the goalie cardiff dominated, liked numbers 16...
  17. C

Junior Hockey Games today 11th April

Good luck guys, i'll try and make it down always an entertaining evening-u14's are one of the teams for the future some real talent in that squad. As I understand it 16's are on a rebuilding season and hope to get ready for a promotion push next year, some real competitvie games coming up.
  18. C

Future of British Ice Hockey

Leading on from osh it's worth noting the financial commitment it takes to develop a young player: 9 (u10 - u18) years playing 16 league games per year, 2 challenge games, one tournament for club. annual involvemnet in the conference set up annual involvement in best of British camp (13 to 17)...