Search results

1. Gwynfor

WANTED: Old Sticks

I'm looking to buy old hockey sticks. I'm not looking for anything particularly fancy just some basic, intact sticks to be used for ball/inline hockey. I'm currently attempting to set up a ball hockey club here in sunny Aberystwyth and I am in need of both right and left handed sticks to...
  2. Gwynfor

IAW needs more seats.

We are seeing Devils games sell out more and more of late and as great as it is for the club itself, it's beginning to become something of a problem for fans. I don't have the chance to come to the Devils much as I live away from Cardiff but when I am able to go, I've found that it is...
  3. Gwynfor

RIP Manchester Phoenix

Looks like it's the end of the Manchester Phoenix.... https://www.manchesterphoenix.co.uk/news/2850/end-era Looks like since they lost their home ice to the Storm they've slowly been killed off. It's always sad to lose a hockey club. Where does this leave the EPIHL? At 9 teams perhaps, or...
  4. Gwynfor

Dedicated Curling Rink in Wales

The Welsh Curling Association are trying to establish the first dedicated curling rink in Wales. At the moment they have to make to with just 4 hours a week on a Monday at Deeside ice rink. Get behind their campaign to get a temporary rink built which will help more Welsh people get into the...
  5. Gwynfor

EIHL: a third tier league?

Many people have said the the quality of the EIHL is equivalent to the third tier of North American Hockey, with the NHL being 1st and the AHL being second. What about the other leagues of Europe and the rest of the world? How do they 'rank' if you will?
  6. Gwynfor

Paul Thompson is Frustrated

http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/eihl/sheffield-steelers/thompson-some-woman-causes-goal-to-be-wiped-off/ Thommo isn't too impressed but what do you think? Personally I think there's merit to some of the greivences voiced here, but things like 'Frustration gets to Dessie – we know that and...
  7. Gwynfor

POKÉMON ICE HOCKEY TEAMS

Hey guys, I've been a massive pokémon nut and ice hockey maniac since I was a kid, so I thought I'd mash them up in the form of pokémon ice hockey logos! https://www.facebook.com/tomsandygwynn/ ... 0607102663 I've only done 5 so far because they take ages, but let me know what you think!
  8. Gwynfor

Elite League Games on Premier Sports

Hey, Does anyone know if premier sports are still showing elite league game this season? If so, does anyone now where I can find the list of fixtures that they are showing? Cheers
  9. Gwynfor

Devils Player Database?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a database or website that contains lists of previous Devils squads with stats etc. I'm not sure if something like this actually exists but the Devils Stat engine on here bodes well. It would also be great if there was a list of Devils shirts across the...
  10. Gwynfor

What happens if the IAW keeps selling out?

When it was revealed that the new arena was going to feature 3000 seats I thought that it was a brilliant step up from 2300, but I also thought that the Devils would take a while to up the numbers to anywhere near 3000. As it turns out the opening weekend in IAW sold out both games as did the...
  11. Gwynfor

What is going to happen to the tent?

So I came down from Aberystwyth last night to see the game with my mate and it was awesome. But I was surprised when people were telling me that the tent is still open and running. I know you shouldn't take everything on this forum as gospel truth, but the general idea that I got about the BBT...
  12. Gwynfor

Ticket Prices in IAW

I've seen the Gold/Silver/Bronze seating plan for season-tickets, but there is no information on normal tickets. Does this mean that certain tickets will be more and some will be cheaper? If this is so, I hope that the current prices will reflect the 'Silver' ticket prices and not the...
  13. Gwynfor

Anyone know about inline hockey??

I'm living in Aberystwyth and as there is no ice I cannot play hockey. (some of you may have seen my other post about my campaign to get a rink here). So it dawned on me that I could potentially set up an inline club. I'll probably just start it off as a bunch of people having a knock about and...
  14. Gwynfor

Sheffield Social Media Fine

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/social-media-fine--p199943 Anyone catch what was tweeted?
  15. Gwynfor

Anywhere in Cardiff Showing the Devils game on the 17th???

Does anyone know if there are any pubs or places showing the Devils vs. Giants game on Saturday?
  16. Gwynfor

Old Time Cardiff Devils Photos

I've been following the Cardiff Devils since 2002 but I've found that it is very difficult to find any pictures of the Devils or the W.N.I.R. before the early 2000s. Does anyone know where there are photos and records of the Devils from the 80s and 90s?
  17. Gwynfor

Build an ice rink in Aberystwyth!

Aberystwyth lies in the middle of an 80 mile 'ice pad vacuum' radius. The 3 closest ice rinks to Aberystwyth are: 1. Deeside - 84 Miles 2. Telford - 91 Miles 3. Cardiff - 110 Miles It is safe to say that this region of Wales provides little to zero opportunities for on ice activities: be it...
  18. Gwynfor

CCM HELMET/CCM 92 SKATES Size 7.5/Jnr HOCKEY SHORTS Medium

The Helmet is a large and I believe is from the '92' and has a full cage. There are also removable ear guards also. £15 The Skates are CCM 92s and are size 7.5/41. Thee boots are in good condition though the blades are slightly rusted and are in need of a sharpening. £10 The junior hockey...
  19. Gwynfor

The rink's difficult to reach location.

Despite the Devil's home frequently referred to as being 'down the bay', we all know that is not the case, as least not to people's conventional understanding of what/where Cardiff Bay is'. So for a while now, I have thought about what other methods of transport could be used in order to easily...
  20. Gwynfor

Team GB vs Poland (Men)

Anyone gonna go to see either of these? Thursday 9th of April at the NIC Friday 10th of April at the Skydome Both are 7.30PM faceoffs.